300 South Broadway Tower

Renovations and new residential construction in downtown St. Louis, Washington Avenue, the Old Post Office, etc.
First unread post461 posts
Sorry to bring up this dead thread but I don't know specifics or when it happened but the 300 S. Broadway listing was removed from Cushman and Wakefield's site recently. It was there a few weeks ago because I remember seeing the PDF of the listing and the page for it. Even though there are signs up on the building, could this have sold? City records aren't showing it unless there is something going on behind the scenes and/or the listing was removed for unknown reasons.

I've contacted Mr. Holleran to see if he has an update and I'll share if he does but in a previous conversation I had with him, he practically said that they really want to do this and won't go away so easily. Even if they did throw in the towel and walk away 100%, I expect someone else to come along with some sort of plan to either demolish or save the existing structure.
CityScene STL is reporting on Twitter, an interesting tidbit regarding the possible resurrection of 300 S. Broadway. This could be big for 2019!
CityScene STL‏ @CitySceneSTL ·1 year ago today, I posted this, the Preliminary Preservation Board document that started a debate about new towers and historic buildings. Today, I can say that 300 S. Broadway is slowly moving forward. We will be hearing more soon about it’s resurrection. Stay tuned for more.
DogtownBnR wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:33 am
CityScene STL is reporting on Twitter, an interesting tidbit regarding the possible resurrection of 300 S. Broadway. This could be big for 2019!
CityScene STL‏ @CitySceneSTL ·1 year ago today, I posted this, the Preliminary Preservation Board document that started a debate about new towers and historic buildings. Today, I can say that 300 S. Broadway is slowly moving forward. We will be hearing more soon about it’s resurrection. Stay tuned for more.
I've been in contact with the team. They reorganized and, from my understanding, cut the height of the building, from 32 to 25 floors, to do some tweaking in design. The ceiling heights will be higher as a result with the building topping off a little over 310FT. The person didn't say if the overall designed changed but says that we will be presently surprised when it resurfaces. The person also said that the team has been in negotiations to buy the building and is negotiating constantly. They still want to start in Q3 next year and hinted that we could hear more as early as this February or March.
chriss752 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:06 pm
DogtownBnR wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:33 am
I've been in contact with the team. They reorganized and, from my understanding, cut the height of the building, from 32 to 25 floors, to do some tweaking in design. The ceiling heights will be higher as a result with the building topping off a little over 310FT. The person didn't say if the overall designed changed but says that we will be presently surprised when it resurfaces. The person also said that the team has been in negotiations to buy the building and is negotiating constantly. They still want to start in Q3 next year and hinted that we could hear more as early as this February or March.
What was the original height?
jshank83 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:04 pm

What was the original height?
337FT and 32 floors
This is all speculation, but the changes in height plus the cryptic "you'll be pleasantly surprised" your source provided have me wondering if they worked the facade of the old warehouse into the design.

Cut the floors to save some money, raise the ceilings to keep some height and then work the facade into the first several floors. Could be wishful thinking...but let's hope not.
I'm glad they're trying to maintain height; this site fills a gaping hole in the skyline. Original render:

I agree. It will fill a nice hole. Higher ceilings are always nice too.

I know the views aren't what they want here, but I have to say that this would be a perfect fit for the unnecessary 1 story or low rise portion of the Millennium site. Hopefully something comes along for that lot.
I thought it was interesting how this project appeared on the front cover of this month's Concrete Council's newsletter. Below is the short blurb they wrote about it. They say it will be completed in late 2020, but there's no way that's correct. They may have been using old information from last year.
PROJECT SUMMARY
300 South Broadway will be a 32 Floor apartment
tower at the corner of Clark and Broadway in Downtown
St. Louis. It will have views into Busch Stadium
and of the surrounding area. The tower will top out at
337 feet tall and will be 10 feet taller than the neighboring
One Cardinal Way tower at Ballpark Village.
This building replaces a late 1800s structure that
was formerly home to St. Louis Community College.
300 South Broadway will be the third tallest Residential
Building in the City upon its completion in late
2020. HDA is the architect for the project. We have
promoted concrete construction to HDA over the
years and they have advised us that the building will
utilize concrete construction when it is built. We calculate
around 42,000 cubic yards of concrete will be
used on this project.
^ That's definitely old information if what Chris said further up is true. Rumor has it that floors have been cut, but they'll maintain some height, going from 337 feet to 310 feet. Chris said we may here something by this month or next. Let's hope so!
The Mayor wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:03 pm
^ That's definitely old information if what Chris said further up is true. Rumor has it that floors have been cut, but they'll maintain some height, going from 337 feet to 310 feet. Chris said we may here something by this month or next. Let's hope so!
The last time I talked to the team was a few weeks ago. They aren't sure about what to do at this point. Height keeps bouncing back up to 337FT and 33 Floor and 25 Floors and 310FT. And several buyers are supposedly stepping up for the existing building creating a competition of sorts price wise, but I haven't seen any sign of that. So we will see.