Arcade-Wright Building - 800 Olive Street

Renovations and new residential construction in downtown St. Louis, Washington Avenue, the Old Post Office, etc.
First unread post757 posts
Sales tax in the City just went up another 4/10th of a percent, as of October 1st. Not that that's causing sales problems, but it doesn't help.
Stumbled upon this old picture thread from 2013. It's a reminder of how much work was needed to bring this back up to modern standards, something I don't think would have been accomplished without tax credits.

https://imgur.com/a/6wcZS#1
Pics are not my own. The link was originally posted to the DTSTL FB page.
The glass elevator doors are beyond beautiful.
Fantastic news! Metro Store relocating to corner of 8th & Pine! Fantastic location!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
addxb2 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:43 am
Fantastic news! Metro Store relocating to corner of 8th & Pine! Fantastic location!
Where is it currently located?
debaliviere wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:14 am
Where is it currently located?
Behind the Visitors Center at 7th & Washington. I've never actually been in but they have some cool shirts and things. Mostly a resource center for special passes and information. They don't have a lot of window space right now so while there is less foot traffic in that part of downtown, it's a more exposed space.
Sorry I can't get excited about a government agency taking up such supposedly prime space - though if the only other choice is "vacant", I guess I'm not allowed to complain.