Downtown Residential Market Thriving

Renovations and new residential construction in downtown St. Louis, Washington Avenue, the Old Post Office, etc.
First unread post433 posts
moorlander wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 4:11 pm

What boundaries are you using for "downtown core?"
moorlander wrote:
dylank wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 3:52 pm
When does the residential/office report come out for downtown? Seems like it's usually released around this time. I'm interested to see their estimates for 2017. My estimates for downtown core population 2020 is upward of 5,000

Downtown is already at 4300 per the 2015 report so 5000 should be attainable before then. Although Jeff Arms would be considered downtown west I believe based on Downtown STL as Tucker is the western boundary
joelo wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 5:24 pm
moorlander wrote:
dylank wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 3:52 pm
When does the residential/office report come out for downtown? Seems like it's usually released around this time. I'm interested to see their estimates for 2017. My estimates for downtown core population 2020 is upward of 5,000

Downtown is already at 4300 per the 2015 report so 5000 should be attainable before then. Although Jeff Arms would be considered downtown west I believe based on Downtown STL as Tucker is the western boundary
Yeah, unfortunately once you cross over that what, 6 or 8 lane highway, it turns into Downtown West.

When are we going to try to calm the Tucker traffic? At least a lane on each side.. or 2 on the southbound side. No one wants to cross that sh*t as a pedestrian south of Washington.
bwcrow1s wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 8:08 pm
When are we going to try to calm the Tucker traffic? At least a lane on each side.. or 2 on the southbound side. No one wants to cross that sh*t as a pedestrian south of Washington.
I always thought th way to do it was move north south metrolink route to tucker. Two lanes we be eliminated to accommodate it.
I once had a dream of a Metrolink line under Tucker heading to Brooklyn, Venice, Madison and Granite City. Not sure where I got that idea.
STLEnginerd wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 9:49 pm
bwcrow1s wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 8:08 pm
I always thought th way to do it was move north south metrolink route to tucker. Two lanes we be eliminated to accommodate it.
Not a bad idea, it could continue down Chouteau or (IIRC the current plan is for the train to run down Chouteau to 14th?).

It makes sense for 14th since it's a Metro Station, but yeah... Tucker is much wider and could cut down the traffic divide between DT and DT West. We're obviously not going to see any expansion down Gravois instead since it's a MoDot thoroughfare. A shame because Gravois also needs some serious traffic calming.

I digress from the DT residential market thriving thread lol.
Tucker needs serious attention. A diet would help. Landscaped like Kingshighway in front of BJC would do wonders.

In the olden days, there use to be a farmers market in the median. I saw a picture somewhere....that would be awesome.
I've always thought it would be a good spot for a divided two way bike lane that runs through South City down Tucker and Gravois. Both roads could definitely use a diet.