Jefferson Arms Apartments - 415 North Tucker Blvd

Renovations and new residential construction in downtown St. Louis, Washington Avenue, the Old Post Office, etc.
First unread post225 posts
With the exception of a few buildings, why does the street still look the same 100 years later?
arch city wrote:With the exception of a few buildings, why does the street still look the same 100 years later?
Because our Downtown has had its ups and downs but I guess no one wants to build on or near Tucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cause our city has lost 500,000 residents since that time if our city can recoup half of that within this century that be beyond a plus.
Who knows how many jobs have left downtown since that time?
The only places that have benefited from all of this are the piranha like municipalities in St.Louis county that continue to bite and nibble at the city and downtown and encourage companies to flee out of crime and fear.
anyone have access to the article in todays biz journal about this project and the retail exchange?
user28 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:50 pm
anyone have access to the article in todays biz journal about this project and the retail exchange?
Here is the link that I believe User28 is referring too. Pretty impressive if the $300 million reference in title refers only to Jeff Arms & Railway Exchange. Anyone but be able to offer some clarification or as user28 asks, anyone have access to the details of article.

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news ... -town.html

What I also found interesting concerning ATT building is I read a comment from a city official that gave the indication that Jeff Arms and Railway Exchange deals were all but done. Implying that those projects will be moving forward very soon. However, I can't find that comment again.
With the news of Alterra looking to buy the North Broadway property - any development recently on this project?

I know the fitness center is there now, any movement on STL City board bills or anything?
^ I believe the project already has completed the city process on incentives... iirc the developer was planning to take ownership this summer so we might see this get started this year if financing is in place.
Alterra officially owns it now... hopefully we'll hear word of intended start date soon.
Nice!

Hopefully they deliver on a lot of the projects they want to put in motion. This might be their litmus test for downtown though.

Really wishing someone bold would build residential on the Landing.
^ iirc at least we'll get a start with residential in the Landing with that mixed-use proposal for the old Metro HQ. Also, I agree on Jefferson Arms likely being a test for this developer; they've done a number of projects in downtown Dallas so if this one works here for them I don't doubt they'll do the same here.
STLrainbow wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:05 pm
^ iirc at least we'll get a start with residential in the Landing with that mixed-use proposal for the old Metro HQ. Also, I agree on Jefferson Arms likely being a test for this developer; they've done a number of projects in downtown Dallas so if this one works here for them I don't doubt they'll do the same here.
The Metro project died.
kinger wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:46 am
STLrainbow wrote:
The Metro project died.
When? That is really disappointing. I would have lined up for one of those spaces.
STLrainbow wrote:
I live in Dallas now and every day on my way to work I drive by the Butler building. It still appears to be under construction with no sign of activity or progress. That makes me a little worried because they seem like an ambitious developer who could really help get rid of the historic building stock here.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.7779999 ... 312!8i6656
kinger wrote:
STLrainbow wrote:
The Metro project died.
Where did you hear that? I can't find anything.

This is the latest article I've found stating that it's being planned - http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news ... hq-on.html
STLhistoryBuff wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:18 am
kinger wrote:
STLrainbow wrote:
The Metro project died.

This is the latest article I've found stating that it's being planned - http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news ... hq-on.html
The article you posted mentions 26 apartments in the building.
KansasCitian wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:33 am
The article you posted mentions 26 apartments in the building.
Yes, I know.
Advantes, led by Brian and Mike Minges, is proposing a mixed-use plan for the 100,000-square-foot building, located at 701 N. First St. The project would include 26 apartments as well as retail and office space on the first floor.
STLhistoryBuff wrote:
kinger wrote:
STLrainbow wrote:
The Metro project died.

It wasn't written about. I work in the industry-- it's dead. With that said, I expect SOME developer to make a run at it during this economic "cycle" we're in.
kinger wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:09 am

It wasn't written about. I work in the industry-- it's dead. With that said, I expect SOME developer to make a run at it during this economic "cycle" we're in.
If this is dead, is Abstrack staying in their current space?
kinger wrote:
STLhistoryBuff wrote:
kinger wrote:

The Metro project died.

I shot an email to Advantes, who apparently is doing the residential development, per previous articles, and posted in another thread -- "They said they are "bullish" on the riverfront and to check back with them in 30 days as they are ironing out some kinks. For whatever that is worth."

Maybe it's nonsense, but at least it's something direct from the developer.
stlien wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:47 pm
kinger wrote:

If this is dead, is Abstrack staying in their current space?
Abstrakt was always staying in Raeder-- they were expanding into Metro. I know they've been looking at other space now that Metro fell apart.
Paywalled, but things are looking good, no?

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news ... cle_search
bwcrow1s wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:32 am
Paywalled, but things are looking good, no?

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news ... cle_search
paywall shmaywall ;)

The deal closed June 23, according to city documents. The building has an appraised value of $2.35 million.

plans:
$103.7 million redevelopment that would include 239 apartments, a 198-room Marriott-branded hotel with banquet rooms and nearly 20,000 square feet of retail space on the ground floor.
Motopia Café, inspired by the high-end motorcycle club of the same name that serves light fare for dine in or grab and go.
Mademoiselle Colette’s Brasserie, a French/Belgian concept where guests can taste authentic food such as steak frites and house-made sausages.
George & Eddie’s Diner, serving comfort food like burgers, milkshakes and homemade pies.
Turkish furniture shop called Koleksiyon.
A tidy 27% annualized return for David Jump over the last 7 years.
Nice write up in PD on purchase of Jeff Arms as well as Mcgowan's garage and involvement. Wish their was a little more of an upbeat ending of the article by stating a start date or timeline to the project.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... a98ae.html
The rest of the financing package for the $103.7 million renovation is unclear, as is when construction might start. An Alterra representative couldn’t be reached for comment. The city has already offered up to $17.3 million in tax increment financing and another $2.6 million generated from special sales tax districts on site.