MLS2STL

Got love for St. Louis sports? Let's talk Pro, College, High School, or otherwise.
First unread post1255 posts
On that note - the first game is this Saturday at 4:00pm!!

https://www.saintlouisfc.com/2018-schedule
^ anyone checked on how the meramec is doing?
dmelsh wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:05 pm
San Luis Native wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:20 pm
rheights wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:03 pm

Is that a joke or do you think they actually have a plan B. I'm clueless so I don't wan to get excited again.
Sorry dude, dry humor, sarcastic comment on my part not showing thru too well without tone voice... Thought everyone was on the same page that there is no plan B and the owner group was made up of a bunch of self serving a holes.
SMH. I get that a lot of people on these boards hate giving money to sports but wow.
SMH that you put words in my mouth. I never said I hated giving money to sports. I have no problem with it if it's
a sensible deal and the ownership group aren't a holes.

One of the biggest complaints I have with the ownership group is that when the expected expansion fee cost dropped by $50 million they had zero interest in lowering their ask of public funds. That right there revealed what kind of partner they would be.
That should've been the point where the city told them to take a hike.
To all of you high and dry soccer fans, Saint Louis FC's home opener is this weekend. Tailgate starts at 2pm, game at 4pm. General Admission tickets start at $18. Go to saintlouisfc.com for more information.
San Luis Native wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:13 pm
dmelsh wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:05 pm
San Luis Native wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:20 pm

Sorry dude, dry humor, sarcastic comment on my part not showing thru too well without tone voice... Thought everyone was on the same page that there is no plan B and the owner group was made up of a bunch of self serving a holes.
SMH. I get that a lot of people on these boards hate giving money to sports but wow.
SMH that you put words in my mouth. I never said I hated giving money to sports. I have no problem with it if it's
a sensible deal and the ownership group aren't a holes.

One of the biggest complaints I have with the ownership group is that when the expected expansion fee cost dropped by $50 million they had zero interest in lowering their ask of public funds. That right there revealed what kind of partner they would be.
That should've been the point where the city told them to take a hike.
Anybody wealthy enough to own a sports team is an a-hole by definition.