126 Units at Russel and Gravois

Discuss renovations and new residential construction in South City -- defined by the area south of Interstate 44/55.
126 Units - Trivers is the architect - thought it deserved its own thread

https://nextstl.com/2016/06/20m-126-uni ... l-soulard/
^ It does. Will post images when available. I haven't seen them, but with Trivers involved I'm optimistic.
Approved by the preservation board.
i don't see any new construction permits applications submitted yet, but the existing buildings have been demolished. (h/t Mark G.)
It looks like Maximus Holdings LLC cllosed on the property in September for $875,000. I did notice the ongoing demo the other day as well. This will be great to see built, hope it happens.
^ I'm excited about that project... it will be a big gain for what more or less is a Soulard gateway. I might prefer a solid modern design, but I think what they're proposing should fit in well with existing architecture examples and the International Shoe across the street.
What can be done at that intersection to reconnect the neighborhoods?
^ really is sad how all these great nabes that still possess even more potential are disconnected from each other... for this particular intersection, it looks like this project will be a solid start and if successful hopefully would lead to the redevelopment of the Conoco lot on the NE corner in the near-ish term. Longer term, getting a Greater Gravois is key to take things to the next level and enable strong connections to McKinley Hts. etc.

Also, can you imagine how awesome it would be to run a streetcar down Russell all the way from 7th to Tower Grove (and then jaunting over to Shaw on over to The Hill? It would be one helluva showcase.
This thread would be better with pics
I really love this possible new addition to Saint.Louis i hope this gets off the ground.
^What's with that spelling? Saint.Louis? Are you talking about St. Louis?
wabash wrote:

i'm thinking fast typing turned "... Saint Louis." into "Saint.Louis". in any case I like it.
urban_dilettante wrote:
wabash wrote:

i'm thinking fast typing turned "... Saint Louis." into "Saint.Louis". in any case I like it.

I don't want to see the bash file associated with Saint.Louis. That's probably archived on the Chi.srvr.
Sorry if you don't like the way i spell Saint.Louis its more appealing to me than the typical St.Louis spelling my preference is all ....
To each his own. Although your handle would indicate otherwise.
You're right about that Wabash I'm still fine with spelling our city name St.Louis its only been recent that I've begun to admire the 2nd option
Don't care how you lay it out on the page, as long as what you say is constructive. And it is, so, spell away. Sorry. I was just trying to run with a joke urban-dilettante made based on what I assumed was a typo. Honestly, I hadn't even noticed it until it was pointed out.
St.Louis1764 wrote:
I really love this possible new addition to Saint.Louis i hope this gets off the ground.

Looked like demo was nearly complete when passing by last week.
symphonicpoet wrote:
urban_dilettante wrote:
wabash wrote:

I don't want to see the bash file associated with Saint.Louis. That's probably archived on the Chi.srvr.

I LOL'd :lol:

-RBB
ImprovSTL wrote:
What can be done at that intersection to reconnect the neighborhoods?

I don't know how much you really can do to improve the pedestrian experience there. Gravios, Russell and 8 lanes of interstate is just a lot of automobile infrastructure in place.

I think having the building right up to the sidewalk will look really good on Russell, but I'm not sure what can be done about the Midwest Petroleum, that seems like a pretty appealing location along Gravois and with easy access to several interstate highways. But that is part of a pretty brutal stretch of Gravois/Tucker for pedestrians, starting around Hodak's and continuing all the way downtown.
This is at Russel and 55. The Apartment Building is underway, ImageImage
I learned recently that this was actually the ancestral neighborhood. (Two of my great uncles had a filling station in the hole where the highway is now, and I think my great grandparents house was about there too. And they were married at the church just to the north.) So . . . I am now doubly pleased about this project.
So is this going to be mostly brick? Are we going to get a siding rear?
Yes and yes.