126 Units at Russel and Gravois

Discuss renovations and new residential construction in South City -- defined by the area south of Interstate 44/55.
I can't really explain why...but I think I'm ok with this being residential only. Great project for the Soulard neighborhood IMO.
I'm still interested in hearing the perspective of someone who is into local real estate on whether there is demand for this or not at the posted rental prices. As a Soulard resident, I'm all for it and think that this + the new building at S Broadway and Barton are great additions to the neighborhood. Am just being risk averse and afraid that it will collapse under the weight of its own ambition.
kipfilet wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:49 am
I'm still interested in hearing the perspective of someone who is into local real estate on whether there is demand for this or not at the posted rental prices. As a Soulard resident, I'm all for it and think that this + the new building at S Broadway and Barton are great additions to the neighborhood. Am just being risk averse and afraid that it will collapse under the weight of its own ambition.
I feel like they will just lower the prices and lose a bit of money but I don't see it being a disaster and them letting it go to s#*t.
More pics here (with floor plans too)
https://www.showmetherent.com/1400-Russ ... s-MO-63104
dbInSouthCity wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:51 am
More pics here (with floor plans too)
https://www.showmetherent.com/1400-Russ ... s-MO-63104
And it seems that they have adjusted expectations and lowered prices too - those rents are much more reasonable than what they were quoting at first.
Their website is live: https://www.1400russell.com/
Studios start at $1155
1bd: $1345
2bd: $1945

Excited for this project but I'd never waste my money on that. Give me a 1bd at Tower At OPOP for that money.
I love the gallery filled with stock photos of people having fun lol.

I agree, it's a bit high. Especially when you can get a historic rehabbed 1000+ sq foot apartment in Soulard for $750-$1000 in my experience.
Being so close to Soulard seems nice, but if the Russell/Gravois intersection has not changed (I have not been at this intersection for some time) my recollection is that experiencing it as a pedestrian would be unpleasant.

Agree. Seems a bit overpriced.
It's slightly better now that Gravois has been reduced to two lanes in each direction. Still not great though
GoHarvOrGoHome wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:39 pm
It's slightly better now that Gravois has been reduced to two lanes in each direction. Still not great though
Yeah and the curbs are better protected and there are better markings but it is still a mess.
To me, the intersection is only 1/2 the issue. Immediately across the street is a incredibly busy gas station that rarely has an open pump and over-indexes on sales of 24-oz cans of beer (straight from the ice tubs). The place just looks like hell too. By no means am I a fan of the overly large Quicktrip model, but Quicktrip spaces look good (for gas stations.)

with all that said, this development looks to the best looking new construction in.....decades. Don't even know what's better.

Huge plus for the neighborhood.
Conveniently located tubs of ice cold tall boys would be a perk of living there.

Seriously though, for those kinds of rents I'd go for the Lofts at Soulard Market which still seems like relatively new construction and has the better walkability to BBs, Broadway Oyster and Busch. But this'll be a nice addition to S'lard and a stones throw from Blues City and the north end of Benton Park.
The brick is starting to go on.
^ with the brick on it won't stand out as much since it will blend with the landscape more, but driving on 44 eastbound you can really see how that's a substantial infill project.