127-unit Apt Building Victor and 7th

Discuss renovations and new residential construction in South City -- defined by the area south of Interstate 44/55.
It's a low level of detail on these new renderings that make it look really cheap. I preferred it before.

Also, why NOT include retail on the first level?
I wonder how long AB sits on their unused parking lots in the neighborhood, especially those off Sidney Street. Development is finally occurring on the edges of the neighborhood and it'd be great if AB sold off some their holdings.
The site has been demo'd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
billikens&bricks wrote:I wonder how long AB sits on their unused parking lots in the neighborhood, especially those off Sidney Street. Development is finally occurring on the edges of the neighborhood and it'd be great if AB sold off some their holdings.
The parking lots along Sydney street were full today When I drove by today.
updated pics anyone?
Are there any signs of life for this project?
This is very close to where I live and I drive/bike past it every day. Things are definitely moving even if slower than the one on Russell/Gravois. There were construction crews there this morning.
Here's a picture I took today of the site. They are not visible in the picture, but construction crews were there.

Cool. Good to see some continuing activity. Hopefully this and the Russell project encourage further densification along Soulard's perimeter.
Work on this project is coming along a bit.

btw, does anyone know what's up with that plan for the car wash place/vacant building up the street at 7th & Allen?

I'll post an updated picture tomorrow: garages/first floor have been erected. A minor annoyance in my daily commute that signals progress: construction crews often close Barton between 7th and 8th.
Love me some dense new construction within eyesight of the arch but it would have been nice to see another rendering on this one. The first one was iffy and I think it only got worse. It could have had a lot of potential. Let's hope we're pleasantly surprised.
New renderings: https://nextstl.com/2018/07/new-renderi ... steelyard/

I think it looks really cool. I live a couple of blocks away and this seems like it will greatly improve the feel and looks of that area.
Wow. The new rendering is 100% better. I think it's just a better illustration; the design itself doesn't seem to have changed.

Wow, that looks great. Now we need to get started on the other side of 7th.
That person on the bike is making a really bad choice of location to ride.
The St. Louis Business Journal on Missouri. “Commercial lending in St. Louis isn’t keeping pace with other markets, and apartment construction may be reaching the saturation point, according to local banking professionals. ‘We talked with our Atlanta Fed colleagues who did a proprietary study that looks at all lenders — banks, insurance companies, REITs, pension funds,’ said Julie Stackhouse, executive vice president of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. ‘What it showed is exactly what the bankers are saying: CRE lending has flattened in St. Louis. Commercial multi-family lending grew solidly in 2016 and 2017. Thus far in 2018, it is slightly down. Is St. Louis overbuilt? We’re somewhere in that vicinity.’”