1719-33 South 9th

Discuss renovations and new residential construction in South City -- defined by the area south of Interstate 44/55.
Finally - looks like a proposal right now - But pretty advanced drawings for a proposal - Row house infill and corner retail at 9th and Soulard - This has been a long time coming and will really finish off this part of Soulard.

http://stlnabedev.tumblr.com/post/11844 ... lot-in-sou
^ Hopefully these move forward.... too bad to see the proposal for the townhomes in Bohemian Hill appears to be dead.
This would really fill in that block nicely.

Of course on Nextdoor we already have people clamoring for that space to become....wait for it...a parking lot :roll:
This looks awesome!
I know this is whiny, but I'd like the proposal a lot more if there was a retail element included, at least at the corner of 9th & Soulard. 9th Street along this stretch is the Main Street of Soulard, and I think it's important to maintain retail at the corners, if not along the entire block. The Bogart's block is a good example of bookending residential with retail at either corner.
wabash wrote:
I know this is whiny, but I'd like the proposal a lot more if there was a retail element included, at least at the corner of 9th & Soulard. 9th Street along this stretch is the Main Street of Soulard, and I think it's important to maintain retail at the corners, if not along the entire block. The Bogart's block is a good example of bookending residential with retail at either corner.

I think that's what they have planned.

The site plan describes the house planned for the corner of Soulard & 9th as "Fee Simple Townhome." I assume that means it's a townhouse built to look like a storefront to fit in with the surroundings. Hopefully I'm mistaken and it's intended to be retail instead of someone's living room.
The real estate agent is responding to questions over on that "other site"