Kingshighway & Pernod

Discuss renovations and new residential construction in South City -- defined by the area south of Interstate 44/55.
I believe this was referenced in some other thread, but the old insurance agency building looks to be undergoing a rehab. Two dumpsters are now on site and as of this afternoon some windows on the South side have been removed. Anyone have official plans or more details?
Internal demo is complete and they've begun framing in walls. Utility work around the building is now done and there's quite a few workers inside hammering and drilling away. Looks to be moving along quickly.
Looks like it has turned out very nicely: ... 34e81.html

Now if we can just figure out how to deliver more mixed-use to S. Kingshighway.
This looks sooooooooo much better than I expected.
From the STLNabeDev tumblr and STLToday:

Windows do wonders for the appearance. I've always wondered about the mid-century trend of filling them in...

It's really a beautiful building. I had no idea the way it had been treated previously.
Truly stunning.... I also was a bit surprised by the number of units they were able to get in there; it's bigger than what it appears from the standard perspective from Kingshighway.

These market rate rents also seem to be at a point that would justify new construction in the area if they are indicative of demand... makes me sad again that the QT economy is coming to that old McMahon spot instead of a mixed-use project.