126 Units at Russel and Gravois

Discuss renovations and new residential construction in South City -- defined by the area south of Interstate 44/55.
I think this is a sharp looking building. Glad to see it progressing!
Curious what the prices will be. Lots of amenities on this thing.
Do we know if this project has a name yet? e.g. The Windmere or The Julia or something awful like that? Tried to find it on Google or Facebook and didn't see anything. Also, I recall seeing that the banners on the construction fence are down. Can any Soulard residents or 55/Gravois commuters confirm if construction still moving along?

Correction: just found their Facebook page. Looks like they've been posting since March 21st.
They're calling it 1400 Russell.
https://www.facebook.com/LuxuryLivinginSoulard/
Drove by today. The foundation forms are above geound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
moorlander wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:09 pm

They posted on Facebook that these are for the garage. Should go up quickly and then the apartments built around it.
Just saying this again, this is going to be a beautiful building. I'm excited.
aprice wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:40 am
moorlander wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:09 pm

They posted on Facebook that these are for the garage. Should go up quickly and then the apartments built around it.
Just saying this again, this is going to be a beautiful building. I'm excited.
Drove by at lunch - the elevator tower is complete
updated pics anyone?
moorlander wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:19 am
updated pics anyone?
https://www.facebook.com/pg/LuxuryLivin ... e_internal
Framing is going up. Looks to be mix of wood and steel framing.
I live nearby and was curious about rents, I sent them a message and this is what they told me

"Our price ranges are from $1200.00-$4500.00 (studio,1 and 2 bedroom apartments)
May I ask if a Move in date of 2018 May work for you?"

To be honest, it sounds very expensive for that area. I was recently on the rental market and you can easily find a renovated 2BR for about 1300 in Soulard/Benton Park. Even The Orion in the CWE (which was by far the most expensive we saw in the city) had 2BR going for under 3000, and it has a Whole Foods downstairs/close to MetroLink!
kipfilet wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:43 pm
I live nearby and was curious about rents, I sent them a message and this is what they told me

"Our price ranges are from $1200.00-$4500.00 (studio,1 and 2 bedroom apartments)

To be honest, it sounds very expensive for that area. I was recently on the rental market and you can easily find a renovated 2BR for about 1300 in Soulard/Benton Park. Even The Orion in the CWE (which was by far the most expensive we saw in the city) had 2BR going for under 3000, and it has a Whole Foods downstairs/close to MetroLink!
You're also in Soulard, where home values have skyrocketed in my experience.

I think $4,500 is still astronomical, though.
bwcrow1s wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:34 am
kipfilet wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:43 pm

You're also in Soulard, where home values have skyrocketed in my experience.

I think $4,500 is still astronomical, though.
I am new here so can't evaluate the data in a historical context, but as I said I was on the rental market this June/July focusing on renovated properties in Soulard/Benton Park and did not see anything that approached this. Even in Lafayette Sq (which is considerably more expensive than Soulard), a full townhouse (renovated) was going for less than 3,500.
I agree. It is higher than it should be. I'm not sure why they think they can charge that much.

I think their expectations will come back to earth eventually, or so I hope?
bwcrow1s wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:29 am
I agree. It is higher than it should be. I'm not sure why they think they can charge that much.

I think their expectations will come back to earth eventually, or so I hope?
Hopefully...the project and building sounds very cool. A building that size is a great addition to the neighborhood as it puts more eyes on the street, makes it safer, etc. so I am all for it succeeding.