Good job KC!

Discuss new retail, dining, business, residential projects, or urban affairs in the areas of Missouri outside Metro St. Louis.
First unread post303 posts
STLrainbow wrote:
chriss752 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:46 pm
Three Light is supposed to begin soon then
Probably next summer/early fall (a few months after Two Light opens next June) per this article
Two Light going up — and leasing up — fast

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... -fast.html

This is a pretty good overview of the state of downtown KC residential, btw.
Summer/ Fall 2018 is the expected start time. Talk 4 light may start around the same time but we will see. 5 and 6 Light will probably be 2020 at earliest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
St.Louis1764 wrote:Lets be realistic when do the good folks of KC ever congratulate STL? few far in between to almost never in fact they do so much STL bashing that its become pathetic..
Their KCrag forum does more bashing STL than anything I've ever seen.
TBH it seems like you bash KC just as much

Streetcar Updates:

Line to the Riverfront Park: probably a go. It’s currently in the engineering phase. Federal money is being pursued, but the Port Authority has said they will pay for it to be built regardless. I think the plan is to have it run in its own right of way along the river front(except for shared bridge).

Main Street Extension: 2/3 have passed. The taxing election is all that is left. At this point Federal money is needed to pick up half the tab. Center Running is likely. May even have the center lanes reserved for them.

The above 2 projects will bring our system to 7+ Miles.

ldai_phs wrote:Streetcar Updates:

Line to the Riverfront Park: probably a go. It’s currently in the engineering phase. Federal money is being pursued, but the Port Authority has said they will pay for it to be built regardless. I think the plan is to have it run in its own right of way along the river front(except for shared bridge).

Main Street Extension: 2/3 have passed. The taxing election is all that is left. At this point Federal money is needed to pick up half the tab. Center Running is likely. May even have the center lanes reserved for them.

The above 2 projects will bring our system to 7+ Miles.

2/3 is the elections needed to get it built have passed.

Linwood Boulevard: One of two most likely Phase 3 projects. Lots of dev. opportunities but I don’t think a lot is going on along it rn. Local support is strong. Length: 3.5 Miles

Country Club Right of Way: Another potential Phase 3 or 4 Project. This would use the unused streetcar row through the densest and richest neighborhoods of KC. Support is mixed in the south plaza area. Strong support as you move farther south along the line. This extension could operate as light rail. Length:3-6+ Miles

ldai_phs wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:43 pm
St.Louis1764 wrote:Lets be realistic when do the good folks of KC ever congratulate STL? few far in between to almost never in fact they do so much STL bashing that its become pathetic..

Since KCRag doesn't really allow UrbanSTL posters to join the forum, please stop posting in ours.
Chalupas54 wrote:
ldai_phs wrote:

Since KCRag doesn't really allow UrbanSTL posters to join the forum, please stop posting in ours.
There is nothing stopping you from joining. In fact there are people with STL in their usernames that post. I’m not really sure why I can’t provide input on topics relating to KC here while also asking questions and learning about STL?

PERSONAL NOTE TO ALL KCRAG POSTERS

This is a ST. LOUIS messageboard. If you are going to come on this site and post about Kansas City and how "superior" your 'cowtown' is to St Louis, we should be more than welcome to go on to KCrag and post about how "superior" our 'crime-ridden hellhole' is.

I've been noticing an increasing amount of trolling from Kansas City posters on STL sites. This is getting ridiculous and annoying.
ldai_phs wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:06 pm
Chalupas54 wrote:
ldai_phs wrote:

There is nothing stopping you from joining. In fact there are people with STL in their usernames that post. I’m not really sure why I can’t provide input on topics relating to KC here while also asking questions and learning about STL?

I have attempted three times to join KCrag and been denied three times.

EDIT: redacted harsh comments
Chalupas54 wrote:PERSONAL NOTE TO ALL KCRAG POSTERS

This is a ST. LOUIS messageboard. If you are going to come on this site and post about Kansas City and how "superior" your 'cowtown' is to St Louis, we should be more than welcome to go on to KCrag and post about how "superior" our 'crime-ridden hellhole' is.

I've been noticing an increasing amount of trolling from Kansas City posters on STL sites. This is getting ridiculous and annoying.
No part of what I said was trolling. No part of what I said was to put STL down. I marvel at how STL’s transit system is far more advanced than ours. I cane hear to learn about STL, and saw a place that I could help this community by providing input on KC related issues in a KC Happenings thread about KC happenings with no negative STL opinions

I get that people may have trolled before, but on both sides we are going to have to start being nice to each other if we wanna break the preexisting stereotypes. I admit that KC and KCRAG people aren’t nice to STL and we need to change.

Play nice, everyone. No need to get into KC vs. STL. Both cities have pros and cons. Let's focus on what STL can learn from other cities, not what is bad about other cities.
I have no problem with Idai_phs posting here, and don't remember them ever bashing STL. Personally, I appreciate hearing from the KC perspective.
When is three light going to start? Anyone know?
chriss752 wrote:When is three light going to start? Anyone know?
Summer 2018 is the last I heard

ldai_phs wrote:
chriss752 wrote:When is three light going to start? Anyone know?
Summer 2018 is the last I heard

Great! I hope that it begins sooner rather than later. Hopefully the design is changed to be more unique than what we were seeing before with Three Light looking more like Two Light.
ldai_phs wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:41 pm

Probably next summer/early fall (a few months after Two Light opens next June) per this article
Two Light going up — and leasing up — fast

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... -fast.html

This is a pretty good overview of the state of downtown KC residential, btw.

Summer/ Fall 2018 is the expected start time. Talk 4 light may start around the same time but we will see. 5 and 6 Light will probably be 2020 at earliest

Thank you Idai_phs. Nice to hear about KCP&L district expanding. It's a pretty neat site. Did a little work there myself repairing the skytracker a few years back and it was a happening and exciting area. Good luck. Thank you for your input and civility.
Some don't want to hear how KC is progressing but check out the office activity. KC is considered a top 20 market in terms of activity by Colliers.

KC metro has absorbed over 1.3M sqft suburban and 500K urban core office space first 3 quarters this year, more than any Midwest market and top 10 in country - see page 14. The vacancy is also low, which is impressive given KC has a lot of total office space for its size. Not bad for a cowtown. Mooooo.

Won't comment on STL stats, can see for yourself...
http://www.colliers.com/-/media/files/m ... lliers.pdf
^ c'mon, let's keep it civil here among the cities.
STLrainbow wrote:^ c'mon, let's keep it civil here among the cities.
It’s just trolling. They have a lot of downtime now that the annual harvest is over. Not much to do in a cowtown.

Hmmm, the thread is called "Good job KC" and hence such a post. Am reluctant to point it out given the tone but BTW, new airport terminal approved too, KC's weakest point. KC has been doing a decent job improving where it sucks.

BTW, I'm from STL and live in KC so can call it a cowtown.
Clayton is about 7 miles from DT STL (about the distance from DT KC to the Plaza) and has a vacancy rate of ~5%. Chesterfield is similar, and is still as close to DT STL as parts of KC City are to DT KC. Lots of new office space coming on line in the CORTEX district as well. STL has healthy office markets, they're just not in DT STL, unfortunately.
I was referring to entire KC market in the report, but yes agree with you on the district differences otherwise. Is curious that Colliers considers KC as a top 20 market/metro in office absorption/vacancy activity. KC metro has an unusual amount of office space for its size according to Colliers.

http://www.colliers.com/-/media/files/m ... lliers.pdf
Their must be some relief in KC that the T-Mobile/Spring merger fell apart. I understood from reporting that KC might be the one to take the brunt of the corporate consolidation that STL has experienced in the name of corporate synergies/cost savings to pay for merger debt.. Instead, I believe Sprint is going to double down on its capital expenditures to be more competitive in the wireless market.
urban_dilettante wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:56 pm
Clayton is about 7 miles from DT STL (about the distance from DT KC to the Plaza) and has a vacancy rate of ~5%. Chesterfield is similar, and is still as close to DT STL as parts of KC City are to DT KC. Lots of new office space coming on line in the CORTEX district as well. STL has healthy office markets, they're just not in DT STL, unfortunately.
Downtown STL -> Clayton 7.5 Miles
Downtown KC -> Country Club Plaza 3.8 Miles
Almost the exact distance to CWE.
^ you're true. i misunderestimated it. :)