Cowboy Pizza will open later this month at 1027 Main Street in Imperial, in the former Taylor's location.

I know the name of the establishment will instantly repulse many of our urban-minded members. If that doesn't do it, the western theme, the barnlike decor and the nonstop country music will probably keep them away. And if that's the case, well, I guess they'll miss out on some great pizza!

We went to the Ste. Genevieve location this past weekend and absolutely LOVED the pizza! We ordered a meatball pizza topped with huge, nicely seasoned, delectable meatballs sliced in halves, along with a Six Shooter which featured a blend of six cheeses. The menu is simple, and obviously the focus is on pizza with a few salad and appetizer choices, but the pizza is delicious! There is a nice variety of speciality pizzas as well.

I don't know how the Imperial location will be, and I doubt we'll go out there much, but we'll probably head back to the Ste. Genevieve location whenever we can since my mom lives not far from there. FYI, the Ste. Genevieve location is on the NE corner of the town square in a historic building on Merchant Street, and the interior walls, bar, and booths were made of wood rescued from a barn outside of Farmington. Like I said, it's not for everyone's taste on this forum, but I really liked the place. I'm sure the pizza will be just as great at the Imperial location, so it's worth a try if you're ever in the area!