Feedback on Proposed Forum Reorganization

All the ways we move people and things: trains, planes, automobiles, biking, walking, etc.
First unread post178 posts
Still can't embed youtube videos with the media tag
Is anyone able to post photos? No matter what I do I'm getting the same error message: "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct." I pulled the most recent test URL (and tags) from a previous post that is presently displaying correctly, but I cannot create a new post using them.
quincunx wrote:
Still can't embed youtube videos with the media tag

Still can't
Now there's a banner I think we can all agree on!
Any idea when we'll be able to post images? It's such an important part of the forum.
Trying again... (and voila!).

^ video embed still a work in progress.

...and there it is. Just use the "youtube" BBCode and paste the video URL between the tags.
^^Fantastic. Thanks.
Fantastic! Thank you.
Youtube tags didn't work for me

Should be able to use the URL as shown in this screenshot:

The one I tried was a www.youtube.com one (as are all my old posts which I would like to make work). Does it have to be a youtu.be one?
^ Seems like for right now, that appears to be the case. youtu.be works, youtube.com does not.

Any way we can get login sessions to be remembered for longer than a single day?
Hmmmm re: YouTube. I'll keep looking.

For sessions, yes. The default has been 1,440 seconds (1 day). I changed this to 500,000,000 seconds. We'll see if that works - not sure if there's a max limit.
Alex Ihnen wrote:
For sessions, yes. The default has been 1,440 seconds (1 day). I changed this to 500,000,000 seconds. We'll see if that works - not sure if there's a max limit.

Excellent, that means I should stay logged in until about 5pm on Saturday, May 1, 2032!
Just FYI - was editing some of the categories today and messed up the order. Will correct it tonight. Everything works, but things may not be where you expect on the homepage.
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
i think you'll have a riot on your hands soon if this isnt fixed! :D
Aaaaaand it's fixed. :)
Hey Richard - looking at your videos on YouTube, it looks like they use youtu.be:

^ Looks like he is referring to old posts that used the (media) tag to display youtube videos. See the "Awesome city videos thread" as an example where the videos are no longer visible.
^ Got it - yeah. Youtube videos posted in the past using [media] tags no longer work. I've spent some time on it and haven't found a solution.

Here's how the current HTML replacement appears:

<div class='bbmedia' data-url='{URL}' style='margin: 1px; display: inline-block; vertical-align: bottom;'><div style='width: 200px; height: 40px; border: 1px solid #999; display: table-cell; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle; font: 10px/10px Verdana; color: #555; opacity: 0.5;'><a style='color: #105289; text-decoration: none;' href='http://phpbbex.com/' target='_blank'>phpBB</a> &#91;media&#93;</div><script>if (typeof bbmedia == 'undefined') { bbmedia = true; var e = document.createElement('script'); e.async = true; e.src = 'bbmedia.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(e, s); }</script></div>
Well then, it's just that easy!

Somewhere when it gets youtu.be it knows what to do, but balks at youtube.com
I'm used to going up to the url bar and ctrl c, alt+tab, ctrl v. Guess I can deal with clicking on share to get the youtu.be, but grumble

Alex Ihnen wrote:
^ Got it - yeah. Youtube videos posted in the past using [media] tags no longer work. I've spent some time on it and haven't found a solution.

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but does the bbmedia.js file exist locally on the server?
FWIW - I think the solution has been found: you have to click on the little gray shield (at least in Chrome) in the address bar, the allow the page to "Load unsafe scripts". Then the old videos appear.