Feedback on Proposed Forum Reorganization

All the ways we move people and things: trains, planes, automobiles, biking, walking, etc.
First unread post163 posts
Some posts appear blank, but when you click the quote icon, you get the quoted text to then write a response as you'd expect.
I still cannot login to urbanSTL via tapatalk
I can't stay logged in on safari after closing out the page but that might be an issue on my end.
From framer, "Alex, will NextSTL continue as a stand-alone entity?"

Right now the plan is to have the forum and website together as they were for several years. Functionally nothing would change about either one, but it would be nextSTL.com and the nextSTL Forum.
@moorlander: I'm getting repairing Tapatalk now.
@dbInSouthCity: I can replicate your issue on Safari.
@quincunx, @joelo, @CarexCurator: I'll look into these issues.
Tapatalk is enabled.
RSS feeds should now also be available for all forums/threads.
I still can't get the forum to work on Tapatalk. I've unfollowed and then followed again, but it only shows old feed and no new posts.
Still getting "Your message contains too few characters." when I try to reply to a comment (or copy text)
^ I'm getting the same thing...we'll get it figured out.
Tapatalk is now working again for me. It wasn't working at all this morning. Thanks for getting it back up and running.
Tapatalk is up but I cannot post pics
Now I'm getting the "too few characters" error when trying to include an image
It seems the "too few characters" error appears whenever I try to post something that includes any BBcode. If I strip the BBcode from my posts, then the post goes through.
^ mill, what is meant by bbcode for someone who is completely ignorant like me? Most of my posts get the "too few characters" errors so trying to decide if their something I can change or take a break for a while.

The plus side I guess is I work little more harder tomorrow at the office.
^ BBCode is all of the tags that allow you to style the post text such as [b], [quote], [url], [img], etc. As of right now, it seems the only thing you can post is plain unadorned text; no images, no links, no nothing. If you have a link you want to share, just paste the entire url without surrounding the url with BBCode tags.
I'm not sure what the "Too few characters" error is all about, but I'm still trying to figure it out...
I think the "Too few characters" issue is resolved.
BBCode testing. Do links work? What about images?

-img-http://i.imgur.com/4jOhPn0.jpg-/img

• Do quotes work?
  • Lists?

*** It seems images don't work. At least not Imgur images. "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct."
mill204 wrote:
BBCode testing. Do links work?

Yes
I'm finding it difficult to visually differentiate between what I've read and what I've not read. I could simply go to unread posts (doing that for now), but there are some threads (sports and schools, mostly) that I don't follow particularly closely. Is there something I'm missing? I typically use Opera (odd, I know), but the same problem seemed to apply in Firefox.
"It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct."

I get the same warning with the urls I try from Flickr.
symphonicpoet wrote:
I'm finding it difficult to visually differentiate between what I've read and what I've not read. I could simply go to unread posts (doing that for now), but there are some threads (sports and schools, mostly) that I don't follow particularly closely. Is there something I'm missing? I typically use Opera (odd, I know), but the same problem seemed to apply in Firefox.

1. There is an "unread posts" tab at the top of the page.
2. Unread posts have an orange flag next to them
Still can't post with quotes or any code.
moorlander wrote:
2. Unread posts have an orange flag next to them

Would there be a way to add the orange flag to forums and subforums with unread posts? I'm using the unread posts page for now, but I prefer digging through the forums directly to preserve my quirky "best for last" dinner and then desert ordering.
I'd love it if it were easier for Luddites like me to be able to post pictures. It's simple to do on other sites such as Facebook and Nextdoor.