Feedback on Proposed Forum Reorganization

All the ways we move people and things: trains, planes, automobiles, biking, walking, etc.
First unread post163 posts
It's happened a handful of times to me.
fyi - I've had to login multiple times over the past 24 hrs. Anyone else?
^I've been okay on an Android ... Galaxy Note 4.
Yeah, no multiple login issues for me either on two different PCs.

Also, the annoying hijack ads seem to have stopped. Thanks for that!

-RBB
I don't even pay any mind to the forum divisions. I bookmarked "Active Topics." This forum only averages a handful of active topics each day. I never miss anything.
Greatest St. Louis wrote:
I don't even pay any mind to the forum divisions. I bookmarked "Active Topics." This forum only averages a handful of active topics each day. I never miss anything.

You could also just bookmark "unread posts" and not miss a thing.
^ That's what I do. No more login issues for me.
How do you up load pics to the forum or thread ?
True_dope wrote:
How do you up load pics to the forum or thread ?

I don't THINK there is an upload feature. I believe the images have to be hosted somewhere else online.

From there you use {img} {/img} tags (but replace { } with [ ]) around the url directing to the image.
I'd love to see an easier way to post pictures. I'm an old luddite, and I'm lucky if I can successfully post working links, much less pics. Somehow, Facebook makes it easy for me to post pictures. Maybe we could get something similar?
framer wrote:
I'd love to see an easier way to post pictures. I'm an old luddite, and I'm lucky if I can successfully post working links, much less pics. Somehow, Facebook makes it easy for me to post pictures. Maybe we could get something similar?

Unfortunately that'd require purchasing hardware to host those pictures. Facebook can afford to do that; I doubt innov8ion can (no offense inno, just don't think this is a money-making venture for you; most forums aren't)

I'd recommend creating an account on imgur.com; they're one of the easiest photo-hosting sites to use. You can log in with an existing Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Yahoo account or create an imgur-specific account.

Once you have an account, to upload from a PC do the following:
· Click the Upload Images button
· Drag the picture you wish to upload over to your browser window and drop it anywhere on the Imgur.com page
· Click the Start Upload button.

^ That's it. To add an image to a post here on UrbanSTL, just:
· Open your image on Imgur.com.
· Copy the "BBCode" text on the right (I've highlighted it in Yellow in the example image below).
· Paste that into your UrbanSTL message:

It's nearly as simple on a phone. Get the Imgur Official application from the iTunes App Store of the Google Play store and log in. To upload a photo there, do the following:

· Touch the Upload button in the upper-left corner (it looks like an Up arrow surrounded by a cloud).
· Choose a picture already on your device to upload, or touch the Camera button to take a new one and upload it immediately.
· Touch the 'Start upload' button.

And it's uploaded. Then to include that image in a post here:

· From the menu in the upper-left corner (at least on the Android app; can't speak to Apple) choose "Images".
(You may have to touch the Refresh button to see a freshly uploaded image.)
· Touch the image you just uploaded
· in the upper-left you'll see a drop-down menu that says "Link". Touch that and change it to "BBCode".
· Immediately to the right of that you'll see the BBCode.
· Touch it and it will be copied to your device's clipboard automatically.
· Finally when composing a reply on Tapatalk or your phone's browser long-press the text box and choose "Paste" to paste the copied BBCode in.

I uploaded this capture of my phone's screen to Imgur from the Imgur app on my phone:

The "BBCode" looks like this:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LKQ5m95.png[/img]

^ The "IMG" thingies convert the address of the picture http://i.imgur.com/LKQ5m95.png into a display of the actual image in your post or reply.

Make sense?

-RBB
Thanks for the tips. I'll try to figure it out.
I'm probably regurgitating some of the rbb just posted (sorry didn't read) but here you go.

Use the tapatalk app to post pics through your phone. They host it and it's as easy as posting to FB.
Create a free account at one of the picture sites. I happen to use Flickr. Upload the pic, copy the address, post to thread, highlight, and select img
See a picture online on fb you want to share here? Simply copy the pic address and post in thread, highlight, and select img.
Seriously; isn't it time for a new banner?
thank you so much
Hi Mods,
I am noticing a blue ?ribbon draped on the right side of my posts. Am I supposed to do something about it?
Thanks.
This old dog seems to be adapting well to the new layout. Once I get used to it, I think I'll like it quite a bit. Nice work, guys.
^ All we need now is a new header image. :twisted:
youtube embeds aren't working
Woah, spiffy new duds. So far it's looking really good, guys.

-RBB
Hey everyone - there will be a few changes coming the forum, but it will operate just as it has been. The short story: several years ago David Goldstick and I combined what as then my blog (the St. Louis Urban Workshop) with the Urban STL forum and created nextSTL. We ran that together for a couple years and then split them apart. Now the forum and blog are back together.
There was an error for having too few characters in another post? Why might that be? It was a longer post than this one.
^ Not sure. I'd expect a few hiccups as the software running the forum is updated, servers are changed, etc. If it persists please let me know.
I'm getting the error for having too few characters when posting as well.

edit:

It looks like it happens when I try to quote a post, works fine without quoting
Alex, will NextSTL continue as a stand-alone entity?