Feedback on Proposed Forum Reorganization

All the ways we move people and things: trains, planes, automobiles, biking, walking, etc.
First unread post178 posts
^ Not an option in Safari, unfortunately, where I believe the only solution would be to install a local copy of bbmedia.js on the urbanstl server.
I do not see a gray shield in Chrome
quincunx wrote:
I do not see a gray shield in Chrome

I see this:

Click on it and see this:

Click "Load unsafe scripts", then the World Wide Magazine videos appear. I seem to have to do it each time a page loads. Not sure if there's a way to default to running on the forum.
Ah, I see, the shield appears when there's a media tag. They show up in old Opera too straight away.
^ Cool. Sorry it's not easier. Ultimately it's a browser issue, and coding to accommodate different browsers (and their updates) is a massive pain.
I have on-boarded a new(er) version of bbmedia.js to the urbanstl.com server and modified it to fix old embeds not utilizing https URLs to the video source. Most old embeds will work now.
walker wrote:
I have on-boarded a new(er) version of bbmedia.js to the urbanstl.com server and modified it to fix old embeds not utilizing https URLs to the video source. Most old embeds will work now.

:)
Think we could have a University City section?

Or at least an urban inner-suburban U-City/Clayton/R. Heights/Maplewood corridor sub-forum?
Is it just me or are all the popup menus at the top and bottom of the page permanently popped up since the last day or so?
Not a fan of "View First Unread Post" appearing before the thread titles. Makes the board borderline unreadable and makes scanning Active topics very unpleasant.
I don't know what's going on and I can't do anything to fix it, but it appears that some images for buttons are not displaying, so it's defaulting to text, or in the case of where you should be able to click quote or edit it's a blank button.
Heya. Updated to phpBB 3.2 from 3.1. There were some challenges during the update.

I'll look into these missing images as well as the "View First Unread Post".

@hiddeninput: I'm not seeing the popup menus as permanently popped. Could you provide browser name and version # as well as a screenshot of the issue?
Also, I think I just successfully repaired our Tapatalk integration. Anyone care to check and verify?
I've reverted to default prosilver theme, instead of the we_universal theme, as it appears that that theme isn't ready for phpBB 3.2 either.
urbanstlouis wrote:Also, I think I just successfully repaired our Tapatalk integration. Anyone care to check and verify?
It works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!
What's up with all the spam posts recently?
@chaifetz10: No idea, but I'm looking into adding some anti-spam/bot blocking.
If you're ever looking for volunteers to help moderate, let me know!
urbanstlouis wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:54 am
@hiddeninput: I'm not seeing the popup menus as permanently popped. Could you provide browser name and version # as well as a screenshot of the issue?
Looks like I just needed to clear my browser cache.
hiddeninput wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:13 pm
Looks like I just needed to clear my browser cache.
Awesome! Thanks for getting back.
I'd really like to post photos, but this old ludite has never been able to figure it out. Does the new format have an easier way to do this? (I can do it on Facebook) Can someone give me a real simple set of instructions?
framer wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:55 pm
I'd really like to post photos, but this old ludite has never been able to figure it out. Does the new format have an easier way to do this? (I can do it on Facebook) Can someone give me a real simple set of instructions?
I'll give 'er a shot. Firstly, are you wanting to post your own photos or someone else's, or both? Are you wanting to post from a PC, Android phone, iPhone, or something else? if/when you're using a PC, what interet browser are you using typically

-RBB
With Tapatalk you should be able to take a picture and post it within seconds. If uploading via your pc you'll have the hassle of getting the picture from your camera to the computer. Then you'll have to upload the picture to a site like Flickr, Imgur, Google photos, or PhotoBucket. Once uploaded there you can share the photo, copy the address, then surround the address with [ img] address [/img ]
Thanks for the help, guys. I'm on a PC, running Chrome. Mostly I'd like to post from my own files, but sometimes I'd like to share images I've seen around the internet. It's easy on Facebook; I just copy the image or link and paste directly into my post. That doesn't work here. I don't understand all the "file sharing" and "hosting" etc.

Sorry, but I'm really not a computer guy.