St. Louis Lambert Int. Airport [airline/hub/operations/info]

All the ways we move people and things: trains, planes, automobiles, biking, walking, etc.
First unread post4552 posts
That's about what it felt like when I flew out a couple of months back. :) Nice!
Gosh, Iceland loves Missouri it seems.

MCI --> @Icelandair
STL --> @wow_air

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics ... 16934.html

Key takeaways:
  • Seasonal nonstop flight from KCI to Iceland’s capitol, Reykjavik
  • First arrival from Icelandair comes to KCI on May 25. Service will continue until the end of September
  • Flights will continue three times a week
  • $12 million on improvements to the international arrival and departure area in Terminal C
  • KCI agreed to waive landing and airport usage fees for two years that it otherwise charges other airlines to Icelandair. KCI will also award $250,000 to Icelandair for each of the next two years to market the route
Matthew Hibbard wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:32 am

MCI --> @Icelandair
STL --> @wow_air

Key takeaways:
  • First arrival from Icelandair comes to KCI on May 25. Service will continue until the end of September
  • $12 million on improvements to the international arrival and departure area in Terminal C
  • KCI agreed to waive landing and airport usage fees for two years that it otherwise charges other airlines to Icelandair. KCI will also award $250,000 to Icelandair for each of the next two years to market the route
Interesting that they are only spending 50k less a year than STL for 1 less flight a week and just seasonal service. Icelandair is a better service than WOW but it still surprises me.
Found this article. Apparently the new MQ-25 Stingray tanker was out in the open recently. If anyone gets any pics of it sometime at the airport feel free to post them. I know some images have been posted by Boeing but it would be cool to see some photos from people on here.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/17 ... n-st-louis
jshank83 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:57 pm
Matthew Hibbard wrote:

MCI --> @Icelandair
STL --> @wow_air

Key takeaways:
Interesting that they are only spending 50k less a year than STL for 1 less flight a week and just seasonal service. Icelandair is a better service than WOW but it still surprises me.
Agreed, Jshank. I find it odd that the route isn't even year round. It'll be interesting to see how WOW/ Icelandair compete over the MO markets. So far, initial bookings on Icelandair are wildly expensive vs Wow in STL.
Matthew Hibbard wrote:

MCI --> @Icelandair
STL --> @wow_air
Not as much as DFW, Wow, Icelandair and American have all launched DFW-KEF flights for next summer.
Apparently there is going to be a STL day on the runway. Supports the special Olympics. There will be a 5k. It takes place on the newest runway. April 15.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metr ... 68eba.html
Just realized that STL has a lot more routes into Europe through KEF. I thought the WOW flights were strictly to KEF only. I guess it's a bummer they're not nonstop, but that's still pretty darn good IMO.
bwcrow1s wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:36 am
Just realized that STL has a lot more routes into Europe through KEF. I thought the WOW flights were strictly to KEF only. I guess it's a bummer they're not nonstop, but that's still pretty darn good IMO.
It seems to have brought to cost down some on other carriers so that is a good thing. I booked a trip last night out of STL that I had planned to double ticket and fly to Chicago or New York first then buy a second ticket to Europe. Hopefully others do the same and the airport can get a real idea of what our European traffic is.
Skywest trying to get DOT to reverse its Decatur airport service choice. Would impact STL (minimally) if it is changed.

http://herald-review.com/news/local/doc ... 63779.html
I finished the February- Frequency to city by each airline spreadsheet.

Not a ton of changes.
Oakland takes the month off on Southwest (but it was supposed to be 2 1/2 months and got reduced to a month)
Southwest is at 101 daily flights for February during the week.
Delta's seasonal to MCO starts.
Puerto Vallarta's seasonal starts up Swift
AA adds 11 weekly flights and a few more mainline.
Decatur switches from Air Choice One to Cape Air.
Allegiant adds 4 weeklys.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The load factor spread sheet is completely up to date now. International is through July, Domestic through October.

The first tab has a summery of all of the airlines/routes for the year. There is a summery tab for each airline before individual tabs for each route from that airline. The individual tabs have to broken down by month. Summery tabs are by year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Does anyone know the status of gates C29 and C30? How far along are the renovations and re-activation efforts? It's been a few months since I've seen anything about them and I'm not sure if there was a timeline somewhere or not.

Edit: Has there been a given reason for the Decatur EAS changeover date being moved back to mid-February from the end of January? None of the news sources seem to have been updated.
Trololzilla wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:57 am
Edit: Has there been a given reason for the Decatur EAS changeover date being moved back to mid-February from the end of January? None of the news sources seem to have been updated.
I don't know the reason I just know Cape Air has said this is the start date. I think they were allowed to start as early as the 1st but weren't required to start then. They must have needed a couple extra weeks for logistics or something.

http://www.aviationpros.com/news/123911 ... -on-feb-14
Makes sense. Just could not find anything that mentioned it (besides dummy bookings on the website). Thanks.
Not sure it will make much of an impact here since Frontier isn't a big carrier here but Frontier and Volaris are going to start to codeshare. It will be interesting to see if they start service to more places though.

https://stockguru.com/2018/01/16/worlds ... s-volaris/
Sounds like tomorrow they are opening the bids from whoever is wanting to run the airport if it privatizes.
jshank83 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:59 pm
Sounds like tomorrow they are opening the bids from whoever is wanting to run the airport if it privatizes.
No, tomorrow they are opening bids for firms that want to represent the city/assist the city in case someone does submit a proposal to run the airport. It was an RFP for Advisory Services related to the potential lease of the airport
dbInSouthCity wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 pm
jshank83 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:59 pm
No, tomorrow they are opening bids for firms that want to represent the city/assist the city in case someone does submit a proposal to run the airport. It was an RFP for Advisory Services related to the potential lease of the airport
Ohh got ya. Thanks for the correction. :-)
Still no pick for consultant.

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... rport.html

A city of St. Louis committee on Wednesday failed to pick an advisory team to help it with privatizing St. Louis Lambert International Airport, according to Mayor Lyda Krewson's spokesman.

The committee, comprised of representatives from the offices of Krewson, Comptroller Darlene Green, Board of Aldermen President Lewis Reed and the city counselor, had said it would make the selection by the end of October. The request for proposals was issued in September. The city must select an advisory team if privatization is to move forward.

The spokesman, Koran Addo, could not immediately provide more information. Krewson's office had wanted to make the pick by the end of 2017 in order to keep financial markets interested in privatization, said one person familiar with the matter. It wasn't immediately clear what was holding up the process.

The consultants would not receive up-front money from the city, and would eventually be paid using money from the lease with a private operator, Linda Martinez, Krewson's deputy mayor for development, has said.

Facing perennial budget problems, former Mayor Francis Slay announced near the end of his term last year that the city would explore the move as a way to capture millions of dollars from a lease with an operator. He worked with Grow Missouri, a nonprofit funded by billionaire conservative activist and Slay supporter Rex Sinquefield, to craft an initial application for a Federal Aviation Administration program that would allow the move. The FAA in April gave the city preliminary approval to explore the privatization, and at least two companies — California-based Oaktree Capital and Australian firm Macquarie — have hired local lobbyists to help steer them through the process.
^ Sign that the privatization effort is stalling?
Based on the Amazon Proposal, Terminal 2 was getting an Amazon structure attached to it. That looked rather impressive.
Thoughts if that structure is still possible as an enhancement to Terminal 2?
I see Delta added a 3rd daily flight to Salt Lake City starting in June. I would rather see Seattle or LA start but beggars can't be choosers I guess.
WOW is adding the "big seats" to flights from here starting June 2nd. Not sure if they means our airplane changes to a neo or what since they don't have a seat map that matches on their site yet. Anyway, it looks like 8 seats a flight and I would consider a mix between business and economy plus seat. Wider (2 seats instead of 3 on each side of the aisle), more legroom, and comes with leg rests. Not lay flat though. Probably similar to a first class domestic seat. It is about $300-$400 more a trip to do "business class". Also this plane has more XL seats but less XXL seats than the plane we have for the first couple weeks.

Might pull in a few more people with this option. I'll be curious to see how it does.
intern222 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:10 am
Based on the Amazon Proposal, Terminal 2 was getting an Amazon structure attached to it. That looked rather impressive.
Thoughts if that structure is still possible as an enhancement to Terminal 2?
I could see that as a possible still since they might need more options to ship things in and out. Also there is likely more need for space on the cargo front from Southwest with their growth.
From the Amazon RFP

Not sure when we got Etihad Airlines here......

Whoever proof read this thing did not do a good job.