Northside Regeneration

Discuss construction activity, major renovations, office projects, streetscape improvements, etc. in North City -- defined by the area north of Delmar Avenue.
First unread post569 posts
Why would we give Mckee more money? He has had some many chances to do something and has a huge TIF district. This is crazy.
How many buildings burned down the morning?
Pathetic. Not sure who had been worse for this city, McKee or Kronke.
If I had any faith at all that McKee would execute any of his previous promises, I could deal with these developments given their location and the service they'll provide. But I don't, so it's pretty disappointing.
ImprovSTL wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:14 pm
McKee by far the worst for the city is my two cents worth. Any north side deals, development and land acquisition includes dealing him because of BofA was in a bad way wanted something to happen & McKee at his peak played the lobbyist game well when statehouse signed off on the land tax deal years back

Dome is very much usable convention space with more availability to attract conventions. Kronke might have done city a favor at end of day saving it who knows how much in debt service/diversion on general fund dollars for N Riverfront stadium. The only thing that I think the city missed out is the bad taste had some impact on soccer stadium vote. In the short term, MLS and a new downtown west stadium was worth it IMO and much more doable than keeping Rams.
Can you imagine if UIC or a developer who knows and loves the city had gotten all that money and support to develop the northside instead?
ImprovSTL wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:03 pm
Can you imagine if UIC or a developer who knows and loves the city had gotten all that money and support to develop the northside instead?
Even better than UIC or some random developer, those resources should have gone to the developers already working in the area- Old North St. Louis Restoration Group, Northside Community Housing, RISE, a smattering of small independent developers and individual homeowners, Duffe-Nuernberger, etc. These organizations have done over $100 million of development in the NSR area and surrounding neighborhoods with little credit while McKee has done nothing but get in the way of further efforts by these organizations.
MattnSTL wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:33 pm
ImprovSTL wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:03 pm
Even better than UIC or some random developer, those resources should have gone to the developers already working in the area- Old North St. Louis Restoration Group, Northside Community Housing, RISE, a smattering of small independent developers and individual homeowners, Duffe-Nuernberger, etc. These organizations have done over $100 million of development in the NSR area and surrounding neighborhoods with little credit while McKee has done nothing but get in the way of further efforts by these organizations.
Yeah, just used UIC as a reference because they had started planning work in Hyde Park. Wasn't saying it should be a random developer. One that knows the area.
ImprovSTL wrote:
Don't insult Kroenke by comparing him to McKee.

Partially in jest but seriously, McKee has been an order of magnitude worse.
Aesir wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 pm
ImprovSTL wrote:
Don't insult Kroenke by comparing him to McKee.

Partially in jest but seriously, McKee has been an order of magnitude worse.
GET HIM!

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblo ... violations
^Past time. Twenty years past time.
I read this again the other day... sad...

"McKee plans 500-unit housing project near NGA site"

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt ... d41ea.html

"Initial construction will begin in 2017 and be completed in 2018. That time frame is not soon enough for the 200 residents being displaced by NGA, but McKee said he hopes some will consider temporary housing and work with the city to stay near their old neighborhood."
'McKee Exemption' Scrapped by Board of Aldermen in Unanimous Vote

https://m.riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/ ... imous-vote
Should we expect him to fight this in court?

Would have loved to see them go a step further and introduce legislation that strips TIF and other incentives for property owners who are habitual offenders at securing and maintaining property.
Could this finally be the moment that city takes action to dismantle McKee's northside TIF? or will the Mayor fight against it and continue to support a failed scheme for north side hatched by a political donor.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 9fff1.html

St. Louis officials alleged Wednesday that a transaction between a property owner in the footprint of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency’s planned western headquarters and developer Paul McKee was designed to inflate sale values in a scheme to procure more state tax credits.
Wow that sounds like fraud. If it wasn’t I

Egan it should have been.
What maybe concerns me the most is that Krewson was reportedly "shocked" by the allegations. You'd think someone who'd been an alderwoman for decades prior to their mayorship would've known McKee's a scumbag already.
Trololzilla wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:07 am
What maybe concerns me the most is that Krewson was reportedly "shocked" by the allegations. You'd think someone who'd been an alderwoman for decades prior to their mayorship would've known McKee's a scumbag already.
I'm not really surprised by the overly reactive political driven drama in her comment. I'm just surprised she expressed it as if she in on McKee's side. Who could be possibly in the city be politically on his side? who in the city wants to their alderman to stand by him? The city couldn't pay him off fast enough to get out of the NGA deal quick enough. I'm just perplexed by her position politically as an outsider looking into the drama