Former Rally's - Chippewa near River Des Peres

Discuss construction activity, major renovations, office projects, streetscape improvements, etc. in South City -- defined by the area south of Interstate 44/55.
I've noticed a lot of demo work, permit in window, heavy equipment and activity on this sight. Anyone have a clue what's going on at the old Rally's site on Chippewa???
Construction permit:

Appears to be some sort of small towing service.
^ As much as I would've preferred something different, anything is better than a vacant lot with an empty abandoned restaurant. That location has always been a hard sell due to its proximity to River Des Peres. Thanks for the information!
DogtownBnR wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:48 am
anything is better than a vacant lot with an empty abandoned restaurant.
I beg to differ; an auto tow lot is just about the worst thing I could imagine for this site. Yes, even worse than an empty restaurant building.
While I agree, a tow lot is one of the worst uses, it is very close to a smelly, drainage river, that is not the prettiest thing to look at. I can't imagine it is easy to market the property. Again, I agree, it sucks that they couldn't find a better usage, I disagree that a vacant building, with gang tags is the better of the 2 evils. If they can get GItto's leased, it will help that area. That immediate area seems to be a tough sell these days.