New Life in the Grove....

Construction activity, major renovations, office projects, etc. in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post590 posts
The old Mexican place at 4301 Manchester (Manchester/ Tower Grove) has had all the old mexican signs taken off the building and they are actively rehabbing the inside.

Also new is Nancy's Place, a new place owned by the owner of Novak's opened just west of Taylor on Manchester.

All this to go along with new bike patrols by police in the Grove and FPSE should help the area.

^ I was told a pizza place from Soulard was going in there. Ferraro's maybe? The person I spoke to assumed it was a new location and not a move, but was pretty vague.

Grover wrote:
^ I was told a pizza place from Soulard was going in there. Ferraro's maybe? The person I spoke to assumed it was a new location and not a move, but was pretty vague.

Cool! That is something that is missing from the area

Grover wrote:

A Feraro's jersey Style in the neoighborhood would be great.

Is this in the spectactular flatiron building on the northwest corner of Manchester and Tower Grove?

john w. wrote:
Is this in the spectactular flatiron building on the northwest corner of Manchester and Tower Grove?

This one?

DeBaliviere wrote:
john w. wrote:

This one?

No, that is at Manchester and Arco... It's half the block down, but it is at the northwest corner of Manchester and Tower Grove

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=0ag&q=4301%20Manchester%2063110&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Hit the link, then check street view... it's the building to the right, the one with the yellow boards and black writing up.

Here you go:

FloPoErich wrote:
All this to go along with new bike patrols by police in the Grove and FPSE should help the area.

The bike patrols are a great addition. They've shadowed us a couple of times walking to/from our car.

Grover wrote:

It might be Joanies. We ate there one time last fall and a couple of people at the bar were talking with the bartender about a possible location in Dogtown. A change to The Grove wouldn't be that different.

If I were in the business I'd take a serious look at a pizza joint in the Maplewood, Dogtown or Grove areas. Based upon the gangbusters business Pi, Deweys and Katies are doing not far away, it's a solid market if executed correctly.

He's lying to you! (at least according to my paid informant) :twisted:

Grover wrote:
Here you go:

I love this building, though perhaps not entirely analogous to the original NYC historic or other 'flatiron' buildings because it's more of a truncated parallelogram (rather than a pie-wedge sitting on an acute angular confluence of streets). Since I love this and other spectacular, irreplaceable corner buildings, it will probably be demolished soon.

^ Uh, are you reading this thread John. It's being renovated as we speak into a restaurant space. The new glass windows are already in.

I just drove past this building about a week ago, and I don't remember any changes.

^ Things happen FAST in the Grove!

Hey, Grover -- post an updated picture if you get a chance, please. Having the windows open puts a whole new perspective on that building.

Grover wrote:
^ Things happen FAST in the Grove!

That's lickety-split fast!

bonwich wrote:
Hey, Grover -- post an updated picture if you get a chance, please. Having the windows open puts a whole new perspective on that building.

yes... please.

Yes, yes, yes....please get us a pizza place in Dogtown! Are you listening Ferraro's? 8)

bonwich wrote:

It looks 100 times better.

dweebe wrote:
bonwich wrote:

It looks 100 times better.

And there's still a ton of work to be done to make it right.

Here you go:

Wow, thats quite a change. I remember going there when it was JaBoni's Bistro... I had a great rabbit dish there. Just a little ahead of its time for the neighborhood I guess