Future Growth of WUSTL Medical Center

Construction activity, major renovations, office projects, etc. in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post414 posts
^ nice,

btw I think you mentioned recently on some other thread BJC may be scaling back ambitions on its building expansion plans but wasn't clear on how that might impact the Queeny tower... could you elaborate?
STLrainbow wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:08 pm
^ nice,

btw I think you mentioned recently on some other thread BJC may be scaling back ambitions on its building expansion plans but wasn't clear on how that might impact the Queeny tower... could you elaborate?
Queeny is coming down next year as planned, whats going up is on hold for now.
Excuse my ignorance but is there something wrong with Queeny tower or do they just want that land for another tower?
aprice wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:08 pm
Excuse my ignorance but is there something wrong with Queeny tower or do they just want that land for another tower?
ignorance excused- i think the numbers game favors new build over reno.
Interesting on the replacement hold.... I take it Queeny's functions are able to be met elsewhere for some time?
I'm not 100% certain when it was added, but WashU now has a fairly tall and appealing Medical Campus sign in the median of FPP at Newstead. It's simple, modern, but effective at peacemaking the medical campus. I assume we'll see other's added along Kingshighway and maybe smaller ones along the other boundary roads?

It is part of this signage initiative (and exactly what's seen in the image): https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/new-sig ... al-campus/.
Cool image from St. Louis Construction News and Review:

framer wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:24 am
Cool image from St. Louis Construction News and Review:

but its missing all the new STLCOP buildings and the Midcampus center behind the Metro garage
^Yeah, the medical center is growing so fast the renders can't keep up!
Move in day today for the new Shriner's apartments:
I bike over there daily - it's such a nice lil renovation.
WUSTL - Historic buildings on Medical Campus given new life

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/histori ... -new-life/
Does anyone know the timeline for Queeny Tower replacement?
I left WUSTL in Jan of this year so a lot could have changed but at that time it was postponed with no planned date. money is getting tight at BJC/WUSTL