WUSTL Engineering Quad

Construction activity, major renovations, office projects, etc. in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
Looks like Washington University has setup a new website with details of the vision for the east end of the Danforth Campus.

From the website:

Posted by nextSTL last year:
I'm going to toss this into this thread, at least for now. We have quite a few different Washington University threads, so making a brand new one seems a bit... well, unnecessary. But anyways:

http://nextstl.com/2016/02/wustl-plans- ... -entrance/

That doesn't look like campus gothic. Where's the pink stone?

They'll start Jubel Hall, underground parking, new Sam Fox school building after commencement 2017
After a $15 million donation from Jim McKelvey, McKelvey Hall (named after his father - a former Dean of the engineering school) will now be joining Jubel Hall in breaking ground next year and nearly filling out the entire Engineering Quad master plan. It will house the department of Computer Science & Engineering. McKelvey Hall will be in the southeast corner of the quad, next to Green Hall (the most recent addition).
^Renderings?
^ None yet. The building was only just announced last night.

New engineering building to be named for school’s former dean
Hope and fairly cettain it won't be an ugly conrete box with a couple windows, thankfully.
I'm assuming Collegiate Gothic.
^Definitely.
Brand new, shiny renderings of McKelvey Hall were just released by WashU.

“McKelvey Hall, along with the other east end projects, will help set the course for the next era of academic achievement and service to society, both at the School of Engineering & Applied Science and Washington University as a whole,” Bobick said. “It will be a fitting reminder of Dean McKelvey’s innovation and leadership, and how he always looked for new ways in which engineering can impact both our local community and the world.”

Construction is expected to be completed in 2020.
Looks nice (I really like the Collegiate Gothic look). If I were to nitpick, I guess I'd like to see the "bell tower" along Skinker a bit taller; might as well create a new landmark.
framer wrote:Looks nice (I really like the Collegiate Gothic look). If I were to nitpick, I guess I'd like to see the "bell tower" along Skinker a bit taller; might as well create a new landmark.
I used to think that someday Wash U might change their full name to Washington Danforth University to help distinguish them from University of Washington In Seattle. They have alreadynamed the main campus the Danforth Campus. Is there a second campus? The one at BJC? What is it called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^ Didn't they officially expand the name to "Washington University in St. Louis" for that reason?

I don't think the medical school campus has a special name, but there's also the west "campus" in Clayton and the north "campus" on Skinker just north of Delmar, both of which are just administrative offices.

framer wrote: Looks nice (I really like the Collegiate Gothic look). If I were to nitpick, I guess I'd like to see the "bell tower" along Skinker a bit taller; might as well create a new landmark.
Yep, I was hoping for something a bit less understated (more overstated?) as well. I thought that might be why they were taking longer to unveil the renderings. Guess not. A nice-looking building nonetheless.
The med campus is officially called the Washington University Medical Campus. They’ve been updating all the signs around it (the giant vertical red signs on Kingshighway and FPP and the white lighted letter sign on the pedestrian walkway over FPP).
Danforth (formerly known as the Hilltop Campus)
WUMC
West (Clayton Famous Barr)
South (former school building at Clayton and Bellevue)
Tyson Research Center (between Fenton & Eureka)
The crane for Jubel Hall is down and erected for McKelvey Hall,
The James McKelvey School of Engineering:

https://www.stltoday.com/business/local ... m_content=
Check out the bridge from Whitaker to Jubel