Link in the Loop Delmar and Skinker

Construction activity, major renovations, office projects, etc. in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
NW corner of Delmar and Skinker along Skinker!

Jacob Kirn ‏@stlbizjkirn
NEW: Pace Properties plans $26 million office building in Delmar Loop

^ To be named Midtown Station??

:wink:
^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

This could be huge for the Loop.... and as much as the SW corner gets lamented I believe getting rid of that Shell for something better is more critical. The proposal btw would also demolish the small one-story just to the north, but overall this looks like it definitely improves the Skinker streetscape.
Sweet. I realize that's just a conceptual rendering, but it looks like they'll be going for a contemporary look.
^Along the same lines, it reminds me of Cortex. Kind of a similar scale/massing as the new Techshop building (Cannon Design) or BJC @ The Commons building (Forum Studios).

The Loop is really on a roll. Can't wait to hear what Joe Edwards proposed for the Missionary Baptist Church and adjoining lot property.
Hopefully this builds some momentum for the Church's lot across the street. The Loop is rapidly approaching full build out West of the Metrolink tracks. Exciting times.
Empty Church's doesn't need momentum, just new owners.
Property tax there is up to 13k a year so either they keep paying those taxes or end up selling. I'm sure they're hoping all the development increases the selling price
And insurance.
I'm sure they think they're sitting on a lottery ticket.
From meeting last night about Pace project at Delmar and Skinker
$26M project. $4.4M TIF
Masonry facade
The Shell station is under contract. I'd figure it's contingent upon TIF, etc
They're courting a national drugstore. They require a drive-thru. The site plan showed it being accessed from Skinker. Much concern was expressed about NB Skinker drivers trying to turn left. And overall traffic increase (open some streets!). I figure it'd be less than the Shell station. The owner told me 2800 cars per day come. Plus walking/biking trips to the drugstore here would negate car trips to a drugstore elsewhere. There would be fewer curb cuts than current conditions.
Hand-ringing about parking of course.
A West End resident was worried the negative behavior at the Shell station might move down to the BP at Goodfellow.
Approved by one vote at the TIF Commission meeting. The initial vote actual failed because of how many abstained, so they took a re-vote and made it pass. Even if it failed at the commission it still probably would have passed at the BOA since the TIF Commission has no power to kill a project.
Well at least one Loop business is happy

I'm guessing a bank for the corner retail and drive-thru. And then 2-3 other businesses to fill out the remainder of the 15,000 sq.ft. of retail. Can't wait to see this one move forward - such an important lot for the Loop's pedestrian connectivity.
^ Walgreen's is what I heard was being snagged.
This is exciting!!!! Redevelopment of this corner will help to provide better continuity between the Delmar Loop west and east of Skinker. There seems to be a concerted effort to secure and redevelop properties on the northside of Delmar. I'm looking forward to this trend continuing eastward and spurring further development north of Delmar.
^^Oh damn. Fantastic. 1000x better than a bank.

That just leaves me wondering whether it'd be a slightly smaller concept Walgreen's - possibly a Corner W - that only fills the 11,000 sq.ft. in the primary building, or a regular sized Walgreen's that fills all of the proposed 15,100 sq.ft. Based on the location, Walgreen's increasing adoption of various store concepts, the early renderings listing 11,000 + 4,100 sq.ft of retail, and the rendering below (that has some sort of rooftop dining above the smaller retail space), I'm guessing (and hoping) it will be the former.

Here's the latest rendering, which corroborates what Rainbow heard. Thanks nextSTL:Image
^Kind of reminiscent of:
Stltoday - Four St. Louis projects win nearly $51 million in TIF support

A $26 million office and retail development in the Delmar Loop is among four St. Louis projects that won support Wednesday for a public tax incentive.

Pace Properties plans to build its three-story Northgate project on the site of the gas station at the northwest corner of Delmar and North Skinker boulevards.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 5ca4f.html
Should fit nicely into The Loop, although I would have liked to see a bit more creativity.
Yea I'm pretty happy with the latest rendering. Built to the street and will fill in that corner well.
quincunx wrote:
Stltoday - Four St. Louis projects win nearly $51 million in TIF support

A $26 million office and retail development in the Delmar Loop is among four St. Louis projects that won support Wednesday for a public tax incentive.

Pace Properties plans to build its three-story Northgate project on the site of the gas station at the northwest corner of Delmar and North Skinker boulevards.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 5ca4f.html

It is interesting to note that in the same article Pace is still working on securing a buyout of the Circle K lease. I would assume getting TIF commission approval and publicity helped the project but also made the lease buy out a little more challenging.

Pace cannot complete site acquisition until it reaches a deal with Circle K to buy out its lease of the gas station.
Looking forward to this. The building looks kind of '80s- but i'll take it. Curious to know everyone's opinion on how the pharmacy will or will not affect business at United Provisions considering Walgreen's and CVS are essentially mini grocery stores. What does everyone think?
No...brainer

win...win
^^ I was kind of wondering that same thing about downtown and whether a drug store hasn't come back yet in part because Culinaria already is there and if Walgreen's or CVS opened a decent-sized store how much of a hit might Culinaria take.
I don't see much overlap in what I purchase at Walgreens vs Schnucks.