New Life in the Grove....

Construction activity, major renovations, office projects, etc. in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post557 posts
I am just happy these follow the urban form of their context. Better than the previous trend of dropping ugly McMansions in and ruining the urban form of the street for decades to come. Looking at you 3922 Delmar and other houses on the street.
GoHarvOrGoHome wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:31 am
I am just happy these follow the urban form of their context. Better than the previous trend of dropping ugly McMansions in and ruining the urban form of the street for decades to come. Looking at you 3922 Delmar and other houses on the street.
I once went on a twitter rant about NIMBYs saying that 3 and 4 story buildings or even townhouse developments don't fit neighborhood character. Specifically that we should bad the term "neighborhood character" because they often have no other way of objecting to it without saying "it will bring in poor people".
However I then remembered that I still reserved the right to object to something based on neighborhood character:

ImageScreen Shot 2018-02-09 at 11.08.48 AM by Alex Price, on Flickr
^Wow. I've never seen that before. Fire whoever developed that lot into the sun.
newstl2020 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 pm
^Wow. I've never seen that before. Fire whoever developed that lot into the sun.
Take a stroll down Delmar and you see it all and cry.
quincunx wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:16 am
newstl2020 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 pm
Take a stroll down Delmar and you see it all and cry.
To clarify, for anyone unfamiliar, the image I posted is on Lafayette Ave, just west of Jefferson. The address on Delmar that was listed is much worse as a block though. This is why we need Form-Based Codes!
dylank wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:32 pm
https://www.grovesouth.com/new-page/

Is this something new?

Saw it on stlgram insta page. The website shows new construction with "more renderings to come,
Looks like Circa development... drove along Hunt (where some of grove south sites are) today and it's rather mind-blowing how much is going on there along with south of Manchester in general. Some really cute rehabs of cottage/shotguns, too, which really are welcome.