City Foundry- $340M Lawrence Group Plan

Construction activity, major renovations, office projects, etc. in the Central Corridor -- defined by the area south of Delmar Avenue and North of Interstate 44/55.
First unread post255 posts
^ Foundry already had its TIF approval from earlier. The projects like Cortex passed by the Commission just yesterday I assume will get to the BoA before too long.
STLrainbow wrote:
^ Foundry already had its TIF approval from earlier. The projects like Cortex passed by the Commission just yesterday I assume will get to the BoA before too long.

Biz Journal article behind paywall so not quite sure what they are reporting on. Something new or just a rehash?
All 4 items on the TIF Commission agenda yesterday were approved and now move to the BoA.
-Northgate
-City Foundry
-Jefferson Arms
-Armory

http://www.stlamerican.com/news/local_n ... 98e05.html
NextSTL is reporting some big names in retail coming to the Foundry:

https://nextstl.com/2017/02/city-foundr ... ly-others/
Solid list of retailers. Was hoping for Uniqlo but you can't get everything.
I want a apple store in this region of the city
^ although one in the city would be nice, aren't they already in the region?

^^ think there's a lot more spaces to lease, so maybe you'll get your Uniqlo.
I think he means that he wants an apple store in the city, specifically this part of the city.
chaifetz10 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:46 pm
I think he means that he wants an apple store in the city, specifically this part of the city.
Yes. Apple Store in the City. Specifically around the College Campus of SLU and Harris Stowe. Also, it would be a good location for a store since it is in between the reemerging Grove and Central West End areas.
Well, NextSTL has updated the story stating that both Patagonia and Zara are denying being involved with City Foundry. IKEA said the same thing back in the day, so there is precedent for companies to deny until the official announcement is made. But, still concerning that two of the bigger names proactively reached out to cross their name off the list; especially since there are leasing documents somewhere that prove otherwise apparently.

Hopefully we'll get clarification and an official announcement on tenants soon.
The City Foundry has an Instagram account with some new pictures

https://www.instagram.com/cityfoundrystl/
Here are a few updates from the BJ today:

[size=150]City Foundry project grows to include more retail[/size]
"We expect to start major construction in the fourth quarter of this year."
"the building across the street from the Habitat for Humanity headquarters will now be retail because we have a big user wanting that space."
"We have commitments from users for 58 percent of the first phase. "

read more here
http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news ... etail.html
^ I assume that building referenced is the 60,000 sq. ft. Byco Building, which was conceived as 1 floor grocery and 1 floor co-working/tech office. I think it's pretty important for this to be a mixed-use project so I don't know what to think of the apparent trimming of the office component.
STLrainbow wrote:^ I assume that building referenced is the 60,000 sq. ft. Byco Building, which was conceived as 1 floor grocery and 1 floor co-working/tech office. I think it's pretty important for this to be a mixed-use project so I don't know what to think of the apparent trimming of the office component.

Per the article it's the residential portion that's being relocated.
Apple Store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
moorlander wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:36 pm
STLrainbow wrote:^ I assume that building referenced is the 60,000 sq. ft. Byco Building, which was conceived as 1 floor grocery and 1 floor co-working/tech office. I think it's pretty important for this to be a mixed-use project so I don't know what to think of the apparent trimming of the office component.

Per the article it's the residential portion that's being relocated.
^ interesting... sounds like a big site plan change then. Any new renderings?
Anyone know what the Square footage of just phase 1 is supposed to be?
pattimagee wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:35 pm
Never capitalize "square" on these boards; you'll start a rumor.
[quote=pattimagee post_id=282251 time=1493177715 user_id=9788]
[/quote]

From the BJ article
327,000. In all, retail makes up 65 percent of the project, with another 10 percent being a planned food hall and 25 percent being office space.
Disappointing to think the residential may be out. I have a feeling this will be another bpv style disappointment. Hope it lives up to the hype

user28 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:08 am
I have a feeling this will be another bpv style disappointment.

Why so negative? It sounds like demand for the development is exceeding the developer's expectations. There's no talk of eliminating the residential; they're just moving it around a bit.
I should be negative but I feel like we've seen "shifts" before that haven't panned out

user28 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:08 am
Disappointing to think the residential may be out. I have a feeling this will be another bpv style disappointment. Hope it lives up to the hype

Don't have access to pay wall so not sure if you are referring to Phase II being axed from the plan and or if you were expecting residential in first phase.

As far as residential towers go. I think it will be a good year for the City if BPV II breaks ground with its residential tower and One Hundred Tower breaks. I think the key for Foundry is keeping its office component intact and CORTEX continue to add space, hopefully with a Koman announcement. CORTEX keeps moving forward and the possibility of a phase II hotel w Lawrence Group Armory project becomes more of a possib
I was under the impression that the shift will mean residential in phase 2 is axed

^Thanks, that would suck as phase II proposed residential tower as rendered was a nice fit and added some change in height to immediate area. IMO. I don't think everything has to be 20, 30 or 40 stories but throw in hotel tower at armory and maybe some varied height in CORTEX infill and you get a diverse CWE/Midtown between Downtown & Clayton CBD