923 Locust Tudor Building

Downtown construction activity, including hotel projects, major renovations, office projects, streetscape improvements, etc.
First unread post280 posts
I really wish there was a stipulation that they couldn't demo it until plans were approved, financing in place, permits issued for construction. Like, what the f***?

There was always a lazy ass rendering attached to the town homes. Exactly how many parking spaces could you even fit here? 10?
kinger wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:38 am
chriss752 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:50 pm
Sadly, I am losing hope of anything being built at 10th and Locust. I thought that a proposal would've been presented by now for that corner. There were townhomes but were those for real or just filler? I can't imagine what else could fit on that lot unless the developer buildings something tall and thin but that would be stretching it.
I noticed they added a curb cut on 10th when they poured the sidewalks. You know what that means...
Wouldnt that curb cut have to be approved? Can the alderperson stop this?
stlien wrote: [quote=kinger post_id=301054 time=<a href="tel:1547134693">1547134693</a> user_id=9591]
[quote=chriss752 post_id=301051 time=<a href="tel:1547099414">1547099414</a> user_id=9568]
Sadly, I am losing hope of anything being built at 10th and Locust. I thought that a proposal would've been presented by now for that corner. There were townhomes but were those for real or just filler? I can't imagine what else could fit on that lot unless the developer buildings something tall and thin but that would be stretching it.
I noticed they added a curb cut on 10th when they poured the sidewalks. You know what that means...
[/quote]

Wouldnt that curb cut have to be approved? Can the alderperson stop this?
[/quote]

It is confirmed that a parking lot is going in here. TWG messaged me back today and said this...

“We are anticipating that we will open our doors this coming March. There is also no current plan in place to build condos, or townhomes, on the vacant corner lot.
Thanks so much, Hilary”

Welp, I guess hope of anything being built on the corner is gone.
Wow, just like that.

These guys already got 10 years of 100% abatement right? And took bonds from the city? Did the sales tax exemption ever pass?

Someone's gotta be held accountable. I mean, the townhomes must have been total smoke and mirrors just to get this building (one of the oldest Downtown) out of the way. Isn't this the kind of nonsense we've been fighting against? Why were they allowed to tear it down to begin with? Is there no preservation board oversight here?
bwcrow1s wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:13 pm
Wow, just like that.

These guys already got 10 years of 100% abatement right? And took bonds from the city? Did the sales tax exemption ever pass?

Someone's gotta be held accountable. I mean, the townhomes must have been total smoke and mirrors just to get this building (one of the oldest Downtown) out of the way. Isn't this the kind of nonsense we've been fighting against? Why were they allowed to tear it down to begin with? Is there no preservation board oversight here?
Seriously. Who can I/We contact to voice our anger? The Downtown organization?