The Mercantile Library Block

Downtown construction activity, including hotel projects, major renovations, office projects, streetscape improvements, etc.
^I still vote for the US Bank at Hanley and Forsyth. Underneath this purple awfulness is a handsome, dignified, glass and brick Mid Century gem. I've never been able to find an image from before the renovation.

framer wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:07 pm
^I still vote for the US Bank at Hanley and Forsyth. Underneath this purple awfulness is a handsome, dignified, glass and brick Mid Century gem. I've never been able to find an image from before the renovation.

OMG looks atrocious
framer wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:07 pm
An old coworker showed me an image of the original once but I've never been able to find it since. It was a jaw dropping moment. I believe the image was from an AIA St. Louis article.
That bank is in this photo. I tried to find it in the mohistory.org online collection with no luck but I have a feeling it's in there somewhere. Not that this has anything to do with the Mercantile Library building.

closer...