705 Olive: Boutique Hotel Blackhawk

Downtown construction activity, including hotel projects, major renovations, office projects, streetscape improvements, etc.
newstl2020 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:01 pm
I have yet to make a visit inside, but from the exterior it appears as though this has been a fantastic rehab. Extremely excited to see this one back in use.

This was a few days after they opened up.

I can't wait till the Railway Exchange and Chemical Buildings are rehabbed and reopened. This hotel brought additional foot traffic to the sidewalk and the other two buildings will add to it.
Apologies for the event promotion here but if you're looking for a good excuse to see this, Landmarks Association's Urbanites group is doing a free happy hour and tour on Wednesday, Jan 16th at 6:00 pm. Not sure what the tour will entail but we'll start with a happy hour and do some form of a talk/tour from hotel management. If you'd like to have dinner at Union 30 afterwards, you can call them and add your name to our reservation. I haven't called yet but I imagine they'll have some kind of "Urbanites" list started.
newstl2020 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:01 pm
R.I.P. 4-eva, Century Building.

Every time I see that f*cking garage I wanna gouge my eyes out with a screwdriver.