Covo Co-Working coffee, bar and office space

Downtown construction activity, including hotel projects, major renovations, office projects, streetscape improvements, etc.
Co-working - Bar and Kaldi's Coffee - Great reuse for this building - I have always wanted to peek inside

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... be913.html
Was inside it years ago back when it was Schupp Agency. There's a basketball court on the third floor. Who would have guessed?
great news, though i kinda wish it were a different local coffee shop. there's already the Kaldi's at Citygarden.
urban_dilettante wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:35 am
great news, though i kinda wish it were a different local coffee shop. there's already the Kaldi's at Citygarden.
Do we know if the Kaldi's will have a kitchen? I'm always impressed by their food.
I don't blame you for wanting some more diversity but the CityGarden location is doing very well. And what other local brands are there? Blueprint is opening a second location. I guess none of the other coffee shop favorites around the city are out of the question. Rise, Mud House, etc.
I am really happy to see this one happen, one of my favorite buildings in Downtown. I wonder how they'll put a rooftop bar here? Will they add it like the one near slow on Grand?
Work is well underway. They had guys working there Saturday morning. The old Schupp sign over the corner entrance is already down.
I hope 15 years from now demand will lead to a modern addition upward of this building. I'm not sure if that is architecturally or economically feasible.
I just spoke with Kaldi's and they said this isn't their space. They did look at it, but they went with City Garden instead at the time. So this is a different coffee shop... I know Blueprint just moved to South City, so this probably isn't them...

I think it would be awesome if it were Comet Coffee? They are absolutely packed every day.
pattimagee wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:00 am
I just spoke with Kaldi's and they said this isn't their space. They did look at it, but they went with City Garden instead at the time. So this is a different coffee shop... I know Blueprint just moved to South City, so this probably isn't them...

I think it would be awesome if it were Comet Coffee? They are absolutely packed every day.
Agree with Comet. Would be a good additional location choice.
cardinalstl wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:11 am
I hope 15 years from now demand will lead to a modern addition upward of this building. I'm not sure if that is architecturally or economically feasible.
Just seeing this now. It would be cool to see an add on to the building but architecturally, not feasible. The building was build in the 1980s. Even though it could hold at least a 2 floor addition, it would have to be built out of lighter materials just so not a ton of stress is put on the existing structure. Furthermore when it comes down to the economy, it is feasible, turn it into apartments on the upper floors, but then again, an add on would be quite tough.
Chris, this is going in the old Mississippi Valley Trust Building, which was built in 1896.