Ballpark Village

Downtown construction activity, including hotel projects, major renovations, office projects, streetscape improvements, etc.
First unread post2890 posts
Great news!
PwC or not its a company thats not bolting out of Downtown
Will keep my fingers crossed and hope the best.
Downtown is very fortunate to keep PwC even if they're relocating within Downtown its a plus as i much rather see musical chairs with companies moving within Downtown than out in fact i wouldnt mind seeing from Downtown to Midtown become a earnings tax free zone maybe even North St.Louis at some point.
Downtown is the heartbeat of all of St.Louis including Clayton keeping retaining and welcoming new employers is more than important.
Maybe this will be the antidote that all of Downtown needs to get things moving?
can't wait to see dirt moving!
St.Louis1764 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:03 am
Maybe this will be the antidote that all of Downtown needs to get things moving?
A company not leaving downtown is the catalyst to get things moving again?
bprop wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:35 am
St.Louis1764 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:03 am
A company not leaving downtown is the catalyst to get things moving again?
I believe 1764 was referring more so to the construction of new office space and a new residential tower, and thus bringing in some much needed positive news to get people interested.
Does the article say anything about the size of Phase II? Is it still what we've seen in the renderings, or have they scaled-back anything?
framer wrote:Does the article say anything about the size of Phase II? Is it still what we've seen in the renderings, or have they scaled-back anything?

"The project will include a 29-story apartment tower that includes 296 units, 900 new parking spaces, 60,000 square feet of retail space and a 100,000-square-foot Class A office building. "
moorlander wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:37 pm
framer wrote:Does the article say anything about the size of Phase II? Is it still what we've seen in the renderings, or have they scaled-back anything?

"The project will include a 29-story apartment tower that includes 296 units, 900 new parking spaces, 60,000 square feet of retail space and a 100,000-square-foot Class A office building. "
Where does the parking go?
^ I assume residential might be tower on top of platform/garage like 212 S Meramec in Clayton
Sounds like just some tweaking to the October Phase 2 announcement so site plan and renderings probably very similar to what we've seen... so I believe that still means underground parking beneath the office.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl/ba ... ge/phase2/

I assume there still will be surface space along the northern strip fronting Walnut that eventually would be redeveloped in future phases. (The NW corner looks like is where hotel may be under consideration.)
The site plan still shows the shadow and outline of the building at 8th and Walnut. I think that is weird considering how the Cardinals and the Cordish Companies are keeping quiet on that block. It seems odd. We’ve seen the renderings for it, it is in the site plan, so why not announce it?

In response to the post above, I couldn’t find anything different about the announcement and the latest information.
* I wouldn't doubt they are getting close on that but just don't have things yet to the point where they feel comfortable announcing; I think a more cautious approach is warranted given their past history of jumping the gun.
I'm praying that these apartments get leased up real quick so that they might be a little more ambitious on the next phase. Like 400+ ft ambitious.
I wonder what is going on with this? Didn't they apply for a zoning permit? Also, wonder why we haven't heard or seen anything else since mid July when they stated that they would break ground at the end of the year. New Renderings? Tenants announced? Anything?
chriss752 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:43 am
I wonder what is going on with this? Didn't they apply for a zoning permit? Also, wonder why we haven't heard or seen anything else since mid July when they stated that they would break ground at the end of the year. New Renderings? Tenants announced? Anything?
None of that tangible evidence stuff has happened but Jack Coatar has said that they'll break ground after the baseball season ends. That being said, they haven't even done test drilling yet and I don't think they did before they poured the parking lot. Soooo they'll spend most of the winter designing the foundation and we might have an actual ground breaking byyyyy March? Hopefully that's pessimistic.
At least they'll have an extra month of offseason to work with.

*sigh*
aprice wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:15 pm
chriss752 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:43 am
None of that tangible evidence stuff has happened but Jack Coatar has said that they'll break ground after the baseball season ends. That being said, they haven't even done test drilling yet and I don't think they did before they poured the parking lot. Soooo they'll spend most of the winter designing the foundation and we might have an actual ground breaking byyyyy March? Hopefully that's pessimistic.
They did a fair amount of core drilling back in March-- at least on the site of the planned office tower.