Missouri Botanical Gardens

Showcase the beauty and grit of St. Louis in pictures.
We need more pictures 'round here.

I took these back in August, but just finally got around to editing and uploading them. These are nothing special - just from a point & shoot camera that I'm nursing along until I can get something better. Some with crappy faux Instagram filters to boot!

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

-RBB
Missouri Botanical Gardens is been great place to visit for all Botany lovers. Between, all pics are awesome thanks for the share.
Nice shots of permanent fixtures and the Lantern Festival decor. The garden rocks. Thanks for posting.
lovely pictures, really eyecatching, thanks for sharing such a beauty :)
All these years later and I still haven't gotten around to getting a decent camera. But I was able to wring out a few surprisingly decent shots from my Samsung S6 yesterday:

Oh, and for the record I've done no photo editing of any of these, other than a crop of one or two of the shots.

-RBB
Very nice. :) Still a good subject.
Stltoday - 50 years in the garden: Horticulturist reflects on decades working (and living) amid MoBot flowers

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metr ... 3f1e3.html
^He's darned right about the transformation. Seeing the changes just in my own lifetime, which is still very slightly shorter than his career there . . . the place is utterly different than it once was. And it was already amazing forty years ago.
Visited the restored Botanical Museum at the Missouri Botanical Gardens today. Beautiful restoration of this building that has been closed since the 1980's. It now includes modern ADA entrance pod with restrooms and an elevator.

Obelisk out in front of the museum.

Base of obelisk touting science. Interesting given today's assault on science by some sectors of society.

Interior looking South. Beautiful Ceiling Art. Second level balcony not open to the public currently.

Interior looking North.

Side room ceiling where they found three portraits after they removed the drop ceiling.
I've been very excited to see that. (I've been down there a couple of times this year, but haven't been able to make it in for a variety of reasons. Time, mostly.) It's really nice to see what a top notch job they did. Thank you! :) Will have to expedite.
I love the way the glass cube looks from Tower Grove Av.
Great pictures, rbb!