St. Louis Transit Photos

Showcase the beauty and grit of St. Louis in pictures.
imran wrote:
My guess about the first photo is Olive with the streetcar heading east. The only recognizable landmark for me is the tiny spire in the distance which I believe is St Francis Xavier church at Grand.

Good call. I just took the time to figure it out, with your help. It's the corner of 21st & Olive looking west - northwest. Thanks.

^You can see the Delmar Gardens Roller Coaster in the background of this one, which I posted a picture of in the previous post.
Another St. Louis transit station that is better today, than it's ever been - Big Bend:
Then:
Now:
hebeters posted a few shots of this station last year. This one just reminds me again of what an awful station design it was before Cross County was built. Over time a lot of little alterations and additions to stations (i.e. the new crosswalk @ Brentwood I64, the shelters @ North Hanley & Fifth & Missouri, the redesign/update of the Grand Station, the Arts in Transit program) have significantly improved the passenger experience.

A few other old Metrolink shots:
^Westbound Wellston (old livery + no livery)
^Westbound N. Hanley (old livery + new livery)

Some Illinois Terminal Railroad shots:

Two randos:
Corner of macklind and Devonshire in Southampton.

Another random selection. Some more transit related than others.

[Image

I love the name of this bank. That design - which I remember as the old Commerce Bank Building - was great.

Here are a few modern day transit photos:

The new Civic Center Bus Station:
Metrolink from Jefferson:
73 on Cherokee:
^Nicely done stlexplorer. I particularly like the last one at Cherokee and Jefferson.
^^Great pics. Love that city.

I confess, it is making me happy every time I drive down Delmar. First, traffic is slower and more sane. Second . . . wires! And rails! :) Can't wait until they get the cars out and going.
symphonicpoet wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:40 am
I confess, it is making me happy every time I drive down Delmar. First, traffic is slower and more sane. Second . . . wires! And rails! :) Can't wait until they get the cars out and going.
I'm honestly expecting some traffic accidents once the Trolley starts running... (and this isn't a diss on the Trolley, people just drive like maniacs). The sheet quantity of people who think the separated trolley tracks are a private driving lane and/or who run red lights in the area make me certain that there will be some fender benders at the very least.
wabash wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:38 pm

Wabashdo you know what intersection that is in the second picture?
^That's the intersection of Jefferson & Broadway. Jefferson on the left, Broadway on the right, looking North and slightly east.