Drone Videos of St. Louis

Showcase the beauty and grit of St. Louis in pictures.
Don't think this was posted yet, but here's some nice footage of the Arch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG5KbIfsfPw
Nice! And of course . . . he flew through. Everyone dreams of that. :D
Got a Drone and this is just my second attempt at putting a video together. I keep on forgetting that the thing needs focusing first...so a few sections are blurry.

Still learning....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NAd1nD7bs8&t=52s[/youtube]

Appears the code doesn't work for the youtube link.....
You have some neat angles there. I particularly like the down angle of the fountain and the slow track back away.

If you will forgive, it amused me to see the shadow cross St. Louis.

Anyway, neat stuff. I look forward to your next offering.
symphonicpoet wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:27 am
If you will forgive, it amused me to see the shadow cross St. Louis.
Yes...unfortunately, the best light is with the sun behind the drone. Still working on that...
Unfortunately, cannot fly (legally) within 5 miles of the Arch as of April this year until I think the end of 2019. FFA just put a few key places on lockdown.

That means no drones downtown, Arch or even other side of the river.....
Wow. That would mean no drones allowed all the way out to nearly Union & FPP; about 1/4 of Forest Park is off limits, all of Tower Grove Park, and even GCS Ballpark in Sauget. There's zero chance this is actually enforced as places like CORTEX, Anheuser-Busch, etc etc use drones for marketing footage.
...you're right. I just checked the map again, and it looks like more of a 3 mile radius. It's a 5 mile radius around airports, so that is probably what I was thinking.

So: From the Arch out to Sarah St near CWE, S to Chippewa on I55, NE corner of Tower Grove is out of limits,

"THE FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION (FAA) CLASSIFIES THE AIRSPACE DEFINED IN THIS NOTAM AS 'NATIONAL DEFENSE AIRSPACE'. OPERATORS WHO DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES MAY FACE THE FOLLOWING ENFORCEMENT ACTIONS: A) THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT MAY PURSUE CRIMINAL CHARGES, INCLUDING CHARGES UNDER 49 USC 46307. B) THE FAA MAY TAKE ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION, INCLUDING IMPOSING CIVIL PENALTIES AND THE REVOCATION OF FAA CERTIFICATES OR AUTHORIZATIONS TO OPERATE UNDER TITLE 49 USC 44709 AND 46301."

Reading further, it is until April 2019.

I'm not chancing it!
Makes much more sense, but we all know it's not actually strictly enforced. Someone with a drone on the Arch grounds will probably get caught, but no chance they'd actually chase down someone getting shots of the Cathedral in the CWE or the Cardinals getting some stadium footage for their marketing purposes.
On top of everything else, it's always possible to get an exception anyway. Even at an airport. Anywhere, really, if you've got a good enough reason and the FAA and government approve. If you get clearance to go into the restricted airspace it's kosher. You just need clearance first. (Note that the Russians got clearance to fly over the White House, among a great many other places, a month or two back. And did so. At relatively low altitude.)