Hofbrauhaus - St. Louis - Belleville

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects in Southwestern Illinois, including East St. Louis, Belleville, O'Fallon and Edwardsville.
Looks like this project is really coming along. Can't wait to check it out!

"Largest Hofbrauhaus in North America"

https://www.facebook.com/hbbelleville/
Biz Journal reporting Hofbrauhaus in Belleville will open in Jan. 2018. Finally!!!
Guess it got delayed again? Haven't heard anything about it being open..
Now it will be the end of February.

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/community ... 07749.html

:roll:
As of 2-23, there is now a soft opening for "early March" with a grand opening of April 18th.
A couple months in and the reviews are... rather mediocre, it seems. Not entirely unexpected, I suppose, but still a bit disappointing nonetheless.
My wife and I went over there on Father's Day and couldn't get in because they had a buffet and you had to have reservations that day only. They hit their limit for people without reservations. So we didn't eat, but we did walk around the hall.

It looked like a lot of fun, actually. Oompah band, big bar, outdoor games, etc. I wouldn't mind going back for at least a beer sometime. Different from other beer places in St. Louis. Felt authentic German.
^ this article is getting way too much attention. Since when is the Hofbrauhaus a place you go to for food first. It’s a place you go to drink beer with friends, listen to music and enjoy the “Oktoberfest“ atmosphere. I’ve been to the one in Munich and Las Vegas and I didn’t eat either time. I had a blast! I think anybody who goes there to eat dinner is missing the point.
I think the reason the food is attracting so much attention is the many people in the area hoped it would give us another option as we long for the numerous German restaurants of years past. The limited menus at the revamped Bevo or Urban Chestnut Grove just don't cut it. Guess we will keep driving all the way to Dreamland Palace for now.
southcitygent wrote: I think the reason the food is attracting so much attention is the many people in the area hoped it would give us another option as we long for the numerous German restaurants of years past. The limited menus at the revamped Bevo or Urban Chestnut Grove just don't cut it. Guess we will keep driving all the way to Dreamland Palace for now.
Probably not much closer for you but Roemer Topf in Moscoutah IL is another solid traditional option.
^ With the bonus of being run by actual Germans, too.