Wentzville lands Obamacare jobs

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within St. Charles County, including St. Charles, O'Fallon, St. Peters, Wentzville and more.
Man, Saint Louis City can't even land Obamacare jobs! 600 going to Wentzville at the old Fidelis/mall location off 70.
Roger: Can you add a link to the news story here? Thanks
This is Congressman Luetkemeyer's district and, as you could guess, he's likely not too happy about these jobs.
innov8ion wrote:
This is Congressman Luetkemeyer's district and, as you could guess, he's likely not too happy about these jobs.

Tough. He needs to think about the company that was there before he if complains. USF was robbing people left and right.

Also, would he want a big empty building sitting and rotting or it filled with jobs?

It would have been great if the Carondelet Coke site had been ready-to-go for these jobs.

Regardless, 600 NEW jobs translate into lots of spending in his district and surrounding districts.

These jobs were inevitable - so some city/region was going to get them. Why not St. Louis?

Plus, although they are service jobs, these jobs add to and validate metro St. Louis' exploding health care economy.
arch city wrote:
innov8ion wrote:

Tough. He needs to think about the company that was there before he if complains. USF was robbing people left and right.

Also, does he want a big empty building sitting and rotting or it filled with jobs?

It would have been great if the Carondelet Coke site had been ready-to-go for these jobs.

Regardless, 600 NEW jobs translate into lots of spending in his district and surrounding districts.

These jobs were inevitable - so some city/region was going to get them. Why not St. Louis?

Plus, these jobs add to and validate metro St. Louis' exploding health care economy.

Based upon the P-D article the location was chosen because it was an empty call center readily available for a very quick turnaround.
Wentzville? Oh, it's so good for the region! (sarcasm)

Actually, it is good for the region, and I get that this fills a vacant call center. I just don't like Wentzville. There, I said it. :twisted:
dweebe wrote:
Based upon the P-D article the location was chosen because it was an empty call center readily available for a very quick turnaround.

I know that was perk and plus for Serco.

Still, even it is pure speculation, I don't see how any local representative (on any level) could complain about 600 NEW jobs in the region. That was my overall point.