Kingsland Walk

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within St. Louis County, including Chesterfield, Riverport, Earth City, Westport and more.
U. City picks developer for project near Loop

special to the post-dispatch

04/08/2009

University City — A $34.3 million, tax-subsidized housing and retail project advanced Monday when the University City Council designated a developer for the site at Vernon and Kingsland avenues, immediately north of Metcalfe Park.

The council picked a team that includes Metropolitan Design and Building Inc., Capital Mortgage Co., architect Thomas Cohen and real estate attorney Bruce Bartlett to redevelop the properties two blocks north of Delmar Boulevard as Kingsland Walk, a two-phase project that will include 98 condominiums and 21 retail stores expected to employ about 35 people.

Projected to be started later this year and completed as market conditions improve over the next four years, Kingsland Walk will receive $4.7 million in tax-increment financing from the city...

continue reading

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/business/stories.nsf/story/8FFC984F42CA25978625759200016402?OpenDocument

Great. I'm starting to be more and more opposed to these taxpayer projects, but this area and the adjacent stretch of Olive are pretty cool - good potential for a small neighborhood retail area - maybe on the scale of [email protected] or [email protected]/South,

We need renderings!

I'm encouraged to see Thomas Cohen involved with this project. He's done some good design work around town.
Has any work started on this project?
Per the April 2011 stl magazine

Where Hipster Meets Homeowner
"...developers are working on Kingsland Walk, a planned 98-unit complex with condos and apartments, plus 20,000 square feet of retil space. Construction begins on the first phase, at Vernon and Kingsland Ave, later this year at an estimated cost of $36mm.
has there been any updates on this project?
So what's up with this project? I assume it's been scrapped?
Update:

Retail is out, senior living is in. Developers have filed for re-zoning for an assisted living and memory care facility.
Drilling rig on site. Not sure if the senior living center has all it's approvals or not, but things seem to be moving along. No renderings yet.