Boulevard Saint Louis I & II

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within St. Louis County, including Chesterfield, Riverport, Earth City, Westport and more.
dredger
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Boulevard Saint Louis I & II

Unread post by dredger » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:42 pm

beer city wrote:Finally some movement - Renderings in the story - looks good, I don't see TIF as a problem on a difficult dense redevelopment like this one

http://www.kmov.com/story/33133629/cont ... m-galleria

looks like residential units is a moving target as per the kmov story. Too bad phase III with the residential tower anchoring the development as originally envisioned

Hamilton says they are aware of the district’s concern and add that the residential component of the new development was still being discussed but could include between 50-160 apartments. But she says without tax incentives, the project would not happen.

chesterfieldkid03

Unread post by chesterfieldkid03 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Look for Restoration Hardware to move out of the Galleria and open one of their multistory flagship "Gallery" stores in Phase II.

Also, the owner of the Galleria is General Growth Properties which is based out of Chicago. It's possible that the purchaser of the Boulevard from Pace Properties might be GGP as the article mentions the purchaser is a developer out of Chicago.

dredger
Life Member
Life Member

Unread post by dredger » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:00 pm

^ It would be interesting to know if their was a relationship or not. Alex has name of new owner in his write up I believe. But appears a generic LLC that to me suggests another backer or business practice that keeps a development or assets separate or group of shareholders, so on.

I think having Galleria and Boulevards with vested owner ship might be good over the long term. Going forward the value will be adding mixed use such as more residential, some office and maybe another hotel for the owener to the immediate area and make up the loss of surface parking with structured parking. But in the retail development world at least their is movement beyond another strip mall or big box store. Just wish some of these developments would entertain a roof top pocket park, greenery on top of their garage for a change or even a decent solar array.

Now what to do with the sad shape of what is around University Tower. One time it looked promising for some dense, mixed use, parking structure and another hotel. Instead you got a lowly bank branch built.

quincunx
Life Member
Life Member

Unread post by quincunx » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:20 am

StlToday - Richmond Heights approves tax-supported expansion of shops near Galleria

When the council held a public hearing in February on the proposed TIF financing, all of the five speakers who gave comments — including the president of Clayton School District’s Board of Education, Susan Buse — opposed it, according to City Council minutes. Buse said those taxes could have benefited students.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 76d05.html

moorlander
Life Member
Life Member

Unread post by moorlander » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:06 pm

The Boulevard was sold. Sounds like proceeding with phase 2 is still the plan.

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news ... j=76913441