Creve Coeur NIMBYs

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within St. Louis County, including Chesterfield, Riverport, Earth City, Westport and more. ... 03114.html

Creve Coeur residents have just taken the Gold medal in the StL County NIMBY Olympics! This one has it all: fear of outsiders, change and traffic as well as use of coded language with racist undertones.
Yeah, because a vacant office building really enhances the neighborhood!
My favorite suburban NIMBY quote (this one from Des Peres a while ago):

"We are not in favor of making ourselves a target for the outside community. We don't want to lose our safety and privacy. We don't want sidewalks or bike paths; we don't want to be invaded".
I love the quote where the guy says the hotel will cause 24/7 noise and crime. One of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Highly doubt a private collection Hilton hotel will have crime issues. And since when are hotels a loud place? If you buy a house just off Olive Blvd in one of the busiest commercial areas of St Louis metro with 35,000 cars/day and can't handle the noise of people and should take a look at the mirror and say to yourself "I'm an idiot".
Making this a hotel instead of keeping an office building would probably lead to less traffic and noise. I would imagine less people would be staying in it than there would be workers if the building is full. Plus it is ugly as is. It needs a facelift. These arguments are odd.
The hotel project is moving forward: ... otel-plan/