Magic House

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within St. Louis County, including Chesterfield, Riverport, Earth City, Westport and more.
jshank83

Magic House

Unread post by jshank83 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Article about it wanting to expand and getting pushack.

I find it interesting people are complaining about it tearing down houses hurting the school district, when usually you hear those complaints when there are proposals to put IN housing not take it away. I guess it just shows people are going to complain about everything.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metr ... a7794.html

SouthCityJR

Re: Magic House

Unread post by SouthCityJR » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:10 pm

I really like Kirkwood, but there is a big NIMBY crowd there. The residents who fought Vianney over the baseball field were being ridiculous.

bprop
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted

Unread post by bprop » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:08 pm

SouthCityJR wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:10 pm
I really like Kirkwood, but there is a big NIMBY crowd there. The residents who fought Vianney over the baseball field were being ridiculous.
I have no dog in that fight...but the residents whose fields backed up to the field with new lighting and sound were not being ridiculous. They were perhaps a little unwilling to compromise, but Vianney was a LOT unwilling to compromise on things like playing music during practice. And ultimately it was the City of Kirkwood's blunder to approve-but-not-really the lighting and sound, which caused Vianney to proceed with their plans.

framer
Life Member
Life Member

Unread post by framer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Great to see the Magic House continuing to grow, but perhaps it's time they look for a new, larger location where they could start from scratch?