40 West Luxury Living Chesterfield

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within St. Louis County, including Chesterfield, Riverport, Earth City, Westport and more.
quincunx
Life Member
Life Member

40 West Luxury Living Chesterfield

Unread post by quincunx » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:37 pm

258 apartments

StlToday - Does this proposed apartment complex belong on a once-rural Chesterfield road?

“We are not anti-apartment or anti-development,” said Michael Moore, a retired Purina executive and resident of a nearby subdivision heading opposition to the project. “We are just anti-apartment in this location.”

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metr ... 8614b.html

joelo

Re: 40 West Luxury Living Chesterfield

Unread post by joelo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:52 pm

What part of chesterfield would they consider apartments for? Next to the highway probably is the best location for apartments honestly out there

symphonicpoet

Re: 40 West Luxury Living Chesterfield

Unread post by symphonicpoet » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:48 am

Funny. That office park down the block (block?) appears to have on the order of three hundred parking spaces, give or take a few dozen. (Very quick estimate. Not a count.) There's a massive retirement apartment complex immediately across the highway. Why indeed, there's a very similar (in fact larger) apartment complex two streets down on . . . wait for it . . . Schoetler Valley. How is this in any way altering the character or density of this particularly soulless piece of awful? “We are just anti-apartment in this location.” . . . "I'm not opposed to bike lanes. I'm just opposed to bike lanes on my street. I'm not opposed to taxes. I'm just opposed to paying taxes. I'm not opposed to spinach. I'm just opposed to me eating spinach." Spoiled children everywhere are much the same. They're opposed to anything and everything that resembles sharing.