Kirkwood Condo Project Madison and Kirkwood Road

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within St. Louis County, including Chesterfield, Riverport, Earth City, Westport and more.
There is a proposal for a 3.5 story condo project across Madison Street from Kirkwood City Hall.

http://www.websterkirkwoodtimes.com/Articles-News-c-2016-07-28-198880.114137-sub28363.114137-Kirkwood-Council-Opens-Door-For-New-Condo-Plan.html
This should be in the St. Louis County thread.

Was sorry to see that they anticipate only 12 residents for the project. I'd like to see more dense, walkable projects in Downtown K'wood.
They started work on this last week. The Madison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Construction is moving head pretty well. Was not aware of this project.

Construction is progressing on this new condo building in Kirkwood. I hear that all the units were already sold privately by the builder up front and will not be on the open market as new, unless they are re-sold by a current buyers.

New artist view:

Latest Construction:
Looks nice.
wabash wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:17 am
This should be in the St. Louis County thread.

Was sorry to see that they anticipate only 12 residents for the project. I'd like to see more dense, walkable projects in Downtown K'wood.
I know 12 residents doesn't seem like much but the condos are 500-800k! Also developer pre-sold the entire building! So demand seems to be there for much more of this!

Even though it's not many people, the building has very nice mass and comes right up to the street. That along with being built on top of a parking lot and requiring demolition or some other ridiculous parking situation is a massive win and sets a nice precedent.

What was it 2 years ago that Kirkwood was tearing down historic buildings for surface lots? Also this development forced their council to legalize true mixed development projects. All very positive outcomes.