The Crossings at Richmond Heights

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within St. Louis County, including Chesterfield, Riverport, Earth City, Westport and more.
Summit Development Group is under contract in Richmond Heights to develop a mixed-use project totaling 120,000 square feet that will feature a combination of restaurant and retail space — possibly even a grocer — and a hotel. The project will be known as The Crossings at Richmond Heights. Delivery is anticipated for Fall 2016.

Source #1
Source #2
Source #3
How would one access these establishments from the Brentwood Metrolink station? :shock:
Such an original name!
Randy wrote:
How would one access these establishments from the Brentwood Metrolink station? :shock:

With extreme caution.
Hopefully, this development will attract a new retailer to the region. One that is looking to enter the STL market. With the plethora of retail in the area, it will be hard to get something unique in that spot. What would set this apart from the rest, would be new retail and new restaurants, to the region. Any idea which hotel chain will anchor this project?
Randy wrote:

Unfortunately, Richmond Heights and Brentwood have screwed this area for a generation. Maybe in 20-30 years when the area needs redevelopment we will get something interesting.
The parking lot looks dope.
Randy wrote:

I live in the area and I always feel bad for the people staying at the Brentwood Drury and the Richmond Heights Spring Hill Suites. All the time I see people walking along Hanley or Eager to get to the Metrolink station and 90% of the time they're wearing Cardinal gear.
pat wrote:

And will pay very little of MSD's stormwater property tax compared to how much runoff it'll create.
quincunx wrote:
pat wrote:

And will pay very little of MSD's stormwater property tax compared to how much runoff it'll create.

According to Google Maps, it's 0.3 miles or about a 7 minute walk from this site to the Brentwood Metrolink station. The auto orientation here is inappropriate, despite the proximity to I-64. Richmond Heights just spent a bunch of money making Dale Avenue more bike and pedestrian friendly, and for what?

Why not put something up against Dale Ave. with parking in the back?
JNOnSTL wrote:
Randy wrote:

With extreme caution.

And not without technically violating traffic/pedestrian laws. It's exceptionally pedestrian hostile.
LIke Randy noted, it seems a world difference can be had by simply having building/hotel along Dale would make a world of difference for someone coming and going to metrolink.

But we got the good ol hotel developer mentality that for some reason you have to absolutely maximize view from the freeway. The newly built Brentwood Drury Inn could have hugely beneficial to the streetscape with a better orientation but same thing, parking in front so you get a better highway visual. I wonder how much occupancy is based on brand name & loyalty programs (like in my case for my business travel and most business travelers I know), pricing/weekend deals, and finally this marketing argument. As frequent business traveler I hate the idea of having to get back into a car for grabbing something to eat at night.
I'm guessing this isn't expected for late 2016 anymore since there has been zero site prep work done so far?
There is a new sign up saying, "coming Fall 2017"
What an overall mess
There are two dozers on site

Building is gone. A lot of Meier is moving today.

They have been doing site prep, sewer and fill for a while now. The retaining wall is in

Here are the updated renders. They have moved the out buildings to front Hanley.

Sad to see that old school being torn down. It was a familiar landmark along Highway 40, especially before the sound walls were built. Here's a pic I took around 1996-- everyone who lived in St. Louis then would remember the obscenely long metal slide on the school playground. I had a hunch that the slide's days were numbered, so I made a point to snap a pic. I'm glad I did:

^ My recollection is that there were also very frequent and passionate pickup games of basketball going on at that court too. It can be kind of a subtle thing, but you pull together a handful of small, organic activities like that going on in a park and it can turn an empty, inactive area into an activated area that has a good, urban, vibrant feel to it.

Hard to put much value on a specific, single, individual activity like this on it's own but collectively can make a world of difference to how the immediate surroundings feel.
Looks like the first tenant announcement is burger chain Red Robin. Construction is moving FAST on this and the article mentions a possible fall opening date for the Hotel although moorlander finds that hard to believe.

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... ights.html
The Red Robin in Des Peres seems to be doing well. For low calories, instead of a burger, I discovered their Ensenada Chicken. Sponsored Ad. Not really. I just like that dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Progress. They've been taking core samples all week.Image

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk