$105 million bond issue for Lindbergh School District

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within St. Louis County, including Chesterfield, Riverport, Earth City, Westport and more.
The April 2nd ballot is set to see a $105 million bond issue for the Lindbergh School District.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/edu ... 573a5.html
The $105 million in funding would pay for safety renovations at five schools, and new construction and significant renovation at Lindbergh High School. The Lindbergh School Board approved ballot language at a meeting Tuesday night. It will require support from four-sevenths of voters for passage.

Approval of the bond will not increase the district tax rate, district officials say. The current debt service tax rate of 83.3 cents per $100 of assessed valuation will remain unchanged. Instead, the debt from the current bonds will extend an additional seven years, to 2041.
As an alum: it's about damn time. It will be so nice for future students to have a modern, upgradeable/expandable high school that isn't cramming kids into it, that isn't literally falling apart, and is likely a lot safer for everyone. I don't know how the hell they managed to cram over 4,000 kids into that thing in the '70s; it felt unbearably cramped when I went there (not too too long ago) and we only ever had about half that.

The only thing I'll be sad to lose is the library: that thing is a treasure because of how unique it is and it was always probably my absolute favorite part of the school. Still, I'm digging the preliminary renderings and hope it turns out somewhat similarly.

More renderings: https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... 5m-in.html
^Well, the place was beginning to feel like a prison in the 80s and the 90s when I was there, now it will look like a prison too. :( Glad I'm not participating int his nonsense.
symphonicpoet wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:08 am
^Well, the place was beginning to feel like a prison in the 80s and the 90s when I was there, now it will look like a prison too.
Man, I think Sperreng will always have LHS beat in that regard :lol:, but yeah, I do get a bit of a prison vibe from the renderings. "Security and safety" and whatnot. At least a lot of the interior renderings show it having a lot of glass and natural light and actually feeling spacious (which the current buildings do not haha). I think a lot of the 'glass wall' type stuff might be on the non street-facing side of the rendering (again probably for 'safety reasons'). Hopefully these are just the first of a few renderings and newer designs will be a bit more... inviting. I fully expect the new school to look a lot like the two new ECE buildings and the new admin building, however, knowing the district. Ah well. As long as the new band room/hallway will actually be designed for 250+ band members instead of the 100-150 I'm sure the current one was originally was meant to hold.
I can see adding to it. I can see remodeling it. I cannot support tearing it down wholesale. (Especially the library, but also the main building, the math building . . . ) The Freshman building and the theatre can go. Get rid of the mediocre new crud. Save the interesting old stuff. The "cores" are just dang cool. The campus feel is awesome. Losing that would be a pitty.