Waldbart Florist Demo, Clayton and Big Bend

Discuss new retail, dining, business and residential projects within St. Louis County, including Chesterfield, Riverport, Earth City, Westport and more.
I was going to mention that the rendering looks a lot like the one at 44-Hampton, which is not a good thing.
What a shame

Awfu!!! Not to mention, there is an urgent care up Big Bend near Big Shark. Are there any rally/protests scheduled for that corner??
Locals as well as urbanists should be up in arms! Let's tear down the building next to this one for another Walgreens while we're at it! :x :x :x
The funny thing is that the council is visibly excited about another mundane development that chips away at the last remaining vestiges of Richmond Heights urbanism. Really, a shame. A senseless loss. Can't wait for this intersection to be even more of a nightmare.
I'm having all kinds of luck getting responses today, haha.

I sent an email to the owner of Total Access. Company is over (casually, so I can be doing this), so I couldn't take it, but he gave me a call. I'm hoping to be able to speak with him tomorrow.

Do I expect to change his mind? I'd love to, but realistically, no. But I can appreciate his willingness to respond, and maybe he'll have some interesting explanations. We'll see. I'll report back.
jstriebel wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:14 pm

I sent an email to the owner of Total Access. Company is over (casually, so I can be doing this), so I couldn't take it, but he gave me a call. I'm hoping to be able to speak with him tomorrow.

Do I expect to change his mind? I'd love to, but realistically, no. But I can appreciate his willingness to respond, and maybe he'll have some interesting explanations. We'll see. I'll report back.
Great job getting in touch with him. Give 'em hell. Make him realize that they are missing a golden opportunity to be heroes. If they can't save the existing building (of course they won't), at least try to advocate for a mixed use development that combines residential and commercial uses (and preferably one that isn't a half-assed attempt to look like it's 100 years old). But you know what to say- you're a pro!
[quote=jstriebel post_id=286709 time=1504836890 user_id=9364]

[/quote]

We're you able to connect? recap of the call?
Unfortunately I have not been able to connect with him yet. I may follow up with a more thoughtful email than my initial one (it wasn't mean, but it was brief and to the point) at the very least. May also try one more time to connect on the phone this week.

I'll let you know if I do make contact.