Retail Rally: What's Next For Downtown St. Louis?

New and changing stores, restaurants, and businesses in the City of St. Louis
First unread post1289 posts
Either he is wrong regarding convention traffic or there is a huge shortage of hotel rooms downtown. My employer often has to book hotel rooms for weeklong visitors and it's very difficult to find available rooms downtown (we have to host our visitors at the Chase or in Clayton etc).
I think it was a Business Journal a couple of weeks ago mentioned that the Embassy Suites at the MX was one of their top 5 performing properties. They did not mention how that was defined though.
More good news, Hi-Pointe Drive in is coming to Washington Ave.

https://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/ ... 737f8.html
GREAT NEWS!
Wow this has become a really hot corner of downtown. The past few months alone have seen openings of BLT, Gringo, and now this. High profile stuff. Looks like the downtown is ramping up for the influx of hotels.
^ Not to mention Kiin earlier in the year.
Sad to hear that Kemoll's is moving to Westport however this seem to add credibility to the rumour that a major Cortex based tech firm is considering a move to the Met Square building. Interesting to see what the future holds.
southcitygent wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:15 am
Sad to hear that Kemoll's is moving to Westport however this seem to add credibility to the rumour that a major Cortex based tech firm is considering a move to the Met Square building. Interesting to see what the future holds.
Hot take: Kemoll's sucks
ricke002 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:32 am
I have trouble caring when a restaurant I never care to go to closes or leaves downtown i.e. Mike Shannon's, Prime 1000, Kemoll's, J Buck's, Robust, etc. Kind of a metaphor of changing taste that Sen Thai and Caruso's moved into the old Prime 1000 spot. I could list some others I could do without, or expect to go soon, but I'll never WISH for such a business to close or leave downtown.
ricke002 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:32 am
I've been curious for a while just to see the view. I figure that alone might be worth the price of admission once. (I very much enjoyed eating at Chicago's Signature Room at the top of the Hancock Building so very many years ago.) But if they move to Westport they'll have to survive on their food alone.
southcitygent wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:15 am
Where did you hear Met Square specifically mentioned as a move for a Cortex firm?
symphonicpoet wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:01 am
I've been curious for a while just to see the view. I figure that alone might be worth the price of admission once.
I was taken there one time a couple of years ago. A thunder storm was passing through town and the show put on by the lightning was amazing.
It's a good view, of course, but kind of a one trick pony. Nothing beats the old Stouffer's Top of the Riverfront revolving restaurant.
Spoke to the fellas a Washington Ave Post today, looks like they have found a buyer. It's not totally set in stone yet but we will be hearing more in a couple weeks.