Hamburger Mary's opening in MIDTOWN ALLEY

New and changing stores, restaurants, and businesses in the City of St. Louis
kbshapiro wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:22 pm
Apparently Hamburger Mary's is reopening downtown somewhere soon. Anyone know where by chance?
Where did you see/hear this?
STLhistoryBuff wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:34 pm
kbshapiro wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:22 pm
Apparently Hamburger Mary's is reopening downtown somewhere soon. Anyone know where by chance?
Where did you see/hear this?
Just checked their FB page and I assume there.
FB says downtown... Dubliner space would be my choice....
midcoaststl wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:57 pm
There aren't any Cupples spots left, right?
Other possibility could be one of the Ely Walker spots?
Also plenty of space in the Kiener garages. I know they've been eager to rent the corner of Farm & Home lately but I think that's a bit too small. There's also plenty of space in Syndicate.
Yeah, Cupples is full.
aprice wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:22 pm
midcoaststl wrote:
There aren't any Cupples spots left, right?
Other possibility could be one of the Ely Walker spots?
Also plenty of space in the Kiener garages. I know they've been eager to rent the corner of Farm & Home lately but I think that's a bit too small. There's also plenty of space in Syndicate.
Ely Walker is definitely an idea. It's been empty, I believe, since London Tea Room left. Activate that area a little bit along with Sliced Pint across the street.
I own a loft in Ely Walker so, if it was there I should have or will be getting a liquor license notice. Nothing to report.
midcoaststl wrote:
Please no, I'm still hoping Dubliner can be turned into a music venue like delmar hall / mississippi nights.
Hamburger Mary's would be a great addition to the central business district or somewhere on Wash Ave between Tucker and MX.
Hamburger Mary's is opening in the Gallery 400 building - the first floor. It is currently undergoing modification from the event space it was being used as, to be an independent space.
STLCityMike wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:06 am
Hamburger Mary's is opening in the Gallery 400 building - the first floor. It is currently undergoing modification from the event space it was being used as, to be an independent space.
Hmmmm, not the best location in my opinion. Not as much steady foot traffic as around Tucker. And not nearly as much access to cheap parking. Maybe we can hope that this will be a pretty big anchor for eastern Wash Ave. The MX restaurants do decent business, maybe this will be enough to draw people across Broadway.
aprice wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:25 am
STLCityMike wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:06 am
Hmmmm, not the best location in my opinion. Not as much steady foot traffic as around Tucker. And not nearly as much access to cheap parking. Maybe we can hope that this will be a pretty big anchor for eastern Wash Ave. The MX restaurants do decent business, maybe this will be enough to draw people across Broadway.
The sooner Broadway and 4th become two-way streets, the better. Those 5 lane one way streets are incredibly uninviting to cross.
jstriebel wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:17 pm
The sooner Broadway and 4th become two-way streets, the better. Those 5 lane one way streets are incredibly uninviting to cross.
While I completely agree, we will sooner get rid of every other one-way traffic sewer in this city before 4th & bway.
But yeah, not a nice environment at the intersection. The new Wash Ave sidewalks help but we need parallel parking on all of Wash Ave. The speeding is awful.