Warby Parker coming to CWE

New and changing stores, restaurants, and businesses in the City of St. Louis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
304 North Euclid according to their website
Signs been up for a little bit. Took over the Kit&Ace spot.
I️ Love Warby Parker! This is a great win for the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. Though I wish it would have gone Downtown. That would be a huge retail win.
^ I agree... I just imagine an alternate universe where shops like this line WashAve and we have a really vibrant downtown full of residents and workers and shoppers and visitors.

Everything is so spread out that don't really have a truly walkable, dense live/work/play node in the city.
STLrainbow wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:45 pm
^ I agree... I just imagine an alternate universe where shops like this line WashAve and we have a really vibrant downtown full of residents and workers and shoppers and visitors.

Everything is so spread out that don't really have a truly walkable, dense live/work/play node in the city.
Or even just keep Kit & Ace, put WP a couple blocks north where there are a couple of newly vacant spots.
RuskiSTL wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:47 pm
Or even just keep Kit & Ace
They've closed all of their U.S. stores.
STLrainbow wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:45 pm

It's almost as if Downtown is fighting CWE, and the city as a whole is fighting the county for retail.

Frustrating to say the least.
^ exactly... with everything spread out neither the downtown or Clayton CBDs has a decent, walkable mix of retail, residential and employment. And The Foundry, while nice, will also make it more of a challenge for any one place to truly gain traction.

Now if the CWE Metrolink station were underground with entrance at say Euclid and Laclede that would be a lot better but as it stands there's no really efficient public transit b/w the heart of CWE and downtown to patch up these gaps along the central corridor a bit.
Big win for the urban retail landscape, but I have a hunch that the Eye Bar and Eye Roc would beg to differ. After checking out all the WP locations throughout the country, it appears that St. Louis is a little late to the party-- with exception of Cleveland and Cincinnati, there's a Warby Parker retail store in just about every major city in the country.
stlgasm wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:05 pm
Big win for the urban retail landscape, but I have a hunch that the Eye Bar and Eye Roc would beg to differ. After checking out all the WP locations throughout the country, it appears that St. Louis is a little late to the party-- with exception of Cleveland and Cincinnati, there's a Warby Parker retail store in just about every major city in the country.
You're correct. However, this is an excellent location. I think their arrival will really help attract more upscale retailers to the CWE.