Amazon HQ2 in STL Effort

New and changing stores, restaurants, and businesses in the City of St. Louis
First unread post519 posts
It looks like Amazon is looking for a second HQ location. The city/metro should be on top of this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomb ... -000-staff

I've already emailed Krewson asking about the city's intentions to bid.
robbie wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:51 am
It looks like Amazon is looking for a second HQ location. The city/metro should be on top of this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomb ... -000-staff

I've already emailed Krewson asking about the city's intentions to bid.
I just forwarded it to the Missouri Partnership, STLPartnership, and Steve Stenger.

Holy Sh*t...
In the RFP they request 1-2 miles from interstate, 30 miles from International airport, and mass transit at the site..

One AT&T Center.
Chalupas54 wrote:In the RFP they request 1-2 miles from interstate, 30 miles from International airport, and mass transit at the site..

One AT&T Center.
This does put St. Louis on a shorter list. It almost eliminates Kansas City, Nashville, and Indianapolis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
addxb2 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:17 am
Chalupas54 wrote:In the RFP they request 1-2 miles from interstate, 30 miles from International airport, and mass transit at the site..

One AT&T Center.
This does put St. Louis on a shorter list. It almost eliminates Kansas City, Nashville, and Indianapolis.

My thought exactly...

For the first time in a while, I see this as something we legitimately have a chance at...
Hate to say it but I have little confidence region can secure this....too much infighting. I say it goes to Denver, Atlanta, or Dallas.
goat314 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:25 am
Hate to say it but I have little confidence region can secure this....too much infighting. I say it goes to Denver, Atlanta, or Dallas.
Hopefully, regional leaders can come together to try and fight for this. This would absolutely benefit every aspect of our region. 50,000 employees would definitely be scattered all across our region.
If you're just now seeing this thread, please email the mayors office, Steve Stenger, STLPartnership and the Regional Chamber, and tell them to pursue this. It would not hurt to CC St. Charles County, JeffCo, St. Claire and Madison Counties. This needs to be a regional effort.

We all talk about the silver bullet that will change St. Louis...This is it..
goat314 wrote:Hate to say it but I have little confidence region can secure this....too much infighting. I say it goes to Denver, Atlanta, or Dallas.
So we shouldn't even try?
Would I be surprised if we actually got it? Yes. But you have to try.

They should pretty much tell Amazon they can have anything they want. We have plenty of existing space to start in and plenty empty lots for they to build on when they expand. Any flight options they want could be pretty much secured if they choose to build here. We already have a great domestic network so they just need to pick up some international locations, which they would have time to do. The infrastructure is here to do whatever they want. The central location is helpful also.
St. Louis is the first city to publicly announce it is contending.
[quote=Chalupas54 post_id=286593 time=1504795189 user_id=9287]
If you're just now seeing this thread, please email the mayors office, Steve Stenger, STLPartnership and the Regional Chamber, and tell them to pursue this. It would not hurt to CC St. Charles County, JeffCo, St. Claire and Madison Counties. This needs to be a regional effort.

[/quote]

If you have email addresses please post them up...
One thing I see in the RPF is they want a greensfield site with 100 acres. I am not sure where downtown we have that. Maybe north riverfront? How big is that? I am not sure any downtowns would have that.
jshank83 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:27 am
One thing I see in the RPF is they want a greensfield site with 100 acres. I am not sure where downtown we have that. Maybe north riverfront? How big is that? I am not sure any downtowns would have that.
Bottle District.
moorlander wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:27 am
Chalupas54 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:39 am

If you have email addresses please post them up...
I don't believe we need to include Lyda or Steve in this, they've already publicly announced they're pursuing it.

Here are the other emails:

STLPARTNERSHIP
[email protected]
STL REGIONAL CHAMBER
http://www.stlregionalchamber.com/contact-us
ST CHARLES COUNTY
[email protected]
MADISON COUNTY, IL
[email protected]
ST. CLAIR COUNTY, IL
[email protected]
East St. Louis.

Seriously. Give them the entire downtown section of E. STL and let them completely own and rebuild that city. It would be a huge catalyst to stabilizing the Illinois side.
I'm picturing the experience and success with Cortex will be a nice sign to them based on their requirements.
jshank83 wrote:One thing I see in the RPF is they want a greensfield site with 100 acres. I am not sure where downtown we have that. Maybe north riverfront? How big is that? I am not sure any downtowns would have that.
Pruitt-Igoe or North/South Riverfront if immediate transit isn't required.
Grand near Chouteau if immediate transit is necessary.

addxb2 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:54 am
jshank83 wrote:One thing I see in the RPF is they want a greensfield site with 100 acres. I am not sure where downtown we have that. Maybe north riverfront? How big is that? I am not sure any downtowns would have that.

Isn't NGA taking up most of the Pruitt-Igoe site?
jshank83 wrote:
addxb2 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:54 am

Isn't NGA taking up most of the Pruitt-Igoe site?
No. McKee does have surround developments planned for the Pruitt Igoe site but nothing has been confirmed.

jshank83 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:02 am
Would I be surprised if we actually got it? Yes. But you have to try.

They should pretty much tell Amazon they can have anything they want. We have plenty of existing space to start in and plenty empty lots for they to build on when they expand. Any flight options they want could be pretty much secured if they choose to build here. We already have a great domestic network so they just need to pick up some international locations, which they would have time to do. The infrastructure is here to do whatever they want. The central location is helpful also.
It sounds desperate but I completely agree. Just tell them what do you want and then say okay we will make it happen. The city should buy One AT&T center and just give it to them, with some incentives to renovate it.

Even having a couple thousand of those 50k empolyees to start would make a massive difference.
The city will need to waive the 1% earnings tax to have a shot at this. Which, if Amazon were to bring 50k employees downtown, then I would imagine the city could possibly figure out a way to get rid of it altogether?
This is what the North Riverfront plan was made for. In my opinion, will likely be stl proposal.