Wahlburgers coming to St. Louis

New and changing stores, restaurants, and businesses in the City of St. Louis
http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 73207.html

Hy-Vee grocery stores will be opening Wahlburgers in St. Louis, Kansas City, Des Moines, and many other Midwestern cities soon.

Best news I have heard all week! By far my favorite "chain" burger place.
The West Des Moines, IA location will be opening next year. They plan to open in St. Louis, Kansas City, and the Twin Cities shortly after.

This may also signal HyVee's entrance into the St. Louis market.
I frequent the Hy-Vee in Osage beach at LOTO and it's a great grocery store. It's not as nice as the Dierbergs but Hy-Vee would be a welcome addition to the metro area.
moorlander wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:25 am
I frequent the Hy-Vee in Osage beach at LOTO and it's a great grocery store. It's not as nice as the Dierbergs but Hy-Vee would be a welcome addition to the metro area.
Off topic, but does anyone with any knowledge of the workings of Schnuck's know why there's just one in Bettendorf, Iowa? The next closest is in Peoria, ~60 miles away. I think it's been the one, isolated location for 15+ years now.
Do these tend to have urban locations or just more strip mall parking lot filler?
Would be nice to see one on Forest Park Ave at Cortex. Or possibly around Pappy's. Downtown would be great, of course. Shake Shack may hold a monopoly on Euclid / WUMC.
^ the one in Detroit is in Downtown's Greektown entertainment area. (They also have a Shake Shack downtown as well as one coming to burbs.)
Does this mean Hy-Vee will soon be entering the St.Louis market? Ive only been to Hy-Vee once and that was in Omaha I thought it was very clean well organized great atmosphere. I could definitely see Wahlburger going into CWE or maybe Foundry Midtown we definitely need more commitments towards Downtown if Downtown is to ever get that momentum. I think a Shake Shack and Wahlburger would be hits Downtown alongside each other on Washington Ave
I have never heard of Wahlburger. What is it close to in terms of business?
chriss752 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:16 pm
I have never heard of Wahlburger. What is it close to in terms of business?
It is like a shake shack or Five Star Burgers. They don't have a ton of locations. They are mostly on the east coast. Started in Boston by the Wahlberg family (Donnie, Mark, etc). One of the brothers is a chef, he is more involved than Mark and Donnie, at least food wise. I think they have some outside investors because I see them fighting in the news sometimes. I went to the one in Toronto, was way better than expected. One of the better burgers I have had. I have directed a couple other people I know there and they all really enjoyed it also.
St.Louis1764 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 pm
Does this mean Hy-Vee will soon be entering the St.Louis market? Ive only been to Hy-Vee once and that was in Omaha I thought it was very clean well organized great atmosphere. I could definitely see Wahlburger going into CWE or maybe Foundry Midtown we definitely need more commitments towards Downtown if Downtown is to ever get that momentum. I think a Shake Shack and Wahlburger would be hits Downtown alongside each other on Washington Ave
No, HyVee (like Kroger) aren't coming to St Louis unless they buy Schnucks or Dierbergs. They have too much market share for a new full line grocery entry into St Louis. On top of that, there's no real estate to build a bunch of 100,000 sf stores in the core of St Louis Metro.

I map shown with the future locations of Wahlburgers so from the Wahlburger website and unrelated to the HyVee article. St Louis is a market they'll eventually roll out in a traditional manner (not inside grocery store).
kbshapiro wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:51 am
St.Louis1764 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 pm
No, HyVee (like Kroger) aren't coming to St Louis unless they buy Schnucks or Dierbergs. They have too much market share for a new full line grocery entry into St Louis. On top of that, there's no real estate to build a bunch of 100,000 sf stores in the core of St Louis Metro.

I map shown with the future locations of Wahlburgers so from the Wahlburger website and unrelated to the HyVee article. St Louis is a market they'll eventually roll out in a traditional manner (not inside grocery store).
This is what i was thinking that the St.Louis Market is already saturated with grocery related stores but sometimes you never know some companies are willing to take the risk like Kroger with the smaller makets dubbed as Ruler Foods. I know Cleveland and Memphis are getting a Wahlburgers but i could see Walhbugers becoming a chain.
Someone needs to bring impossible burgers to St. Louis, we're the plant science capital of the US for crying out loud, I should be able to get an impossible burger.
9ine Runner wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:10 pm
Someone needs to bring impossible burgers to St. Louis, we're the plant science capital of the US for crying out loud, I should be able to get an impossible burger.
I just heard about these (on the Wahlburgers show oddly enough). Makes me want to try them.
St.Louis1764 wrote:
kbshapiro wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:51 am

i could see Walhbugers becoming a chain.
Hy Vee isn't putting them in their stores they are making stand alone ones. They are just going to basically be the franchisee. The map posted is off the Hyvee website and where they want to put them. They don't have to have a store where they put them.

Wahlburgers pretty much is a chain already. They have over a dozen locations.
They are scouting locations currently according to Marky Mark.

http://www.kmov.com/story/36805654/is-a ... absolutely